Hi guys!

GoldenMotor.com

bvCrimson

After a month of researching these forums and every possible link I found on the internet regarding motorized bikes, I have decided to go ahead and build one for myself. I only live 3 miles from work and it just isn't worth it to fire up the 20mpg
Mustang for such a short commute. I decided to go with the orange Kulana Moon Dog because it seemed like a decent bike with a real nice price tag at Wally world. I ordered the 80cc black engine kit from PowerKing on Ebay for $119 + $50 shipping. I will be posting pics once the engine arrives.

I also want to say thank you to everyone in these forums. You made my decision to build a bike easy. I figured if I have any problems, you guys seem more than willing to help others who have had problems. And Norman, I might be buying one of those lights, I know I'm going to be tempted to ride this thing at night so we'll see.

-Doug
Bowling Green, KY

P.S. - any mods that need to be done right off the bat that I should know about?

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. I have a good friend that's a pilot that lives in BG. He's a member of this forum but doesn't get on much. Glad you joined us........................

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
Welcome to our humble forums Crimson ('Doug'). Not sure about necessary mods up front...just make sure you strictly follow the break in rules.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
me bro has the same bike with the same motor also from the same people ;)
I recommend either removing the fenders or mounting them in a much more secure manner. I've seen a lot of posts regarding those same fenders falling into the wheel at speed.

oh yeah
welcome aboard and happy motoring