Gasbike.net customer service

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
My pull-start broke in exactly the same away, so I used a drill bit the same diameter as the boss that broke off, drilled into the thing and then epoxied the unfluted end of that same drill bit into the hole. Then after the epoxy had cured, I dremelled the epoxied bit down to the appropriate dimensions. Works perfectly.

A note about buying online... ALWAYS pay by credit card. If I were to get a no-response situation like that, a dispute would be entered with the credit card company, then sit back and watch how fast they try to get in contact with you.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hey HT2005, I am on Long Island also, in Nassau. Where abouts are you?
I'm in Saint James (you know, Smithtown township).

About a year ago I was in the local bike shop with my brother where I found a motorized bicycle for sale! The guy there, who knows my brother, told us that a guy brought it in because the engine wouldn't turn over. The fuel wouldn't go into the carburetor either. It turns out that the star/flower nut just needed some turning so that the engine would engage; The fuel valve needed some clearing out as well. It was a simple fix, but it was too bad someone had to do that. The shop had almost no idea what it was because they've never seen anything like it. It was a nice old diamond frame bike too. ~$200 price.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
It seems that everyone else on this forum has come across someone in their area with a motorized bicycle, or at least seen someone else riding one.
Me, I'm here all alone in Nassau County, haven't seen or heard another motorized bicycle around here.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
It seems that everyone else on this forum has come across someone in their area with a motorized bicycle, or at least seen someone else riding one.
Me, I'm here all alone in Nassau County, haven't seen or heard another motorized bicycle around here.
Yeah, well most people that post here are from Arizona or California. So, those are the places where the motorbikes are. The rest of us are scattered around the country. Here in NY, the bikes are illegal according to the DMV. We just need to ride by the shoulder and act like we don't know the laws when we talk to police; it works for me.

llinneman

Jul 31, 2011
Volcano, Hawaii
I had the same issue as HT, I bought a pullstart from GasBike a few weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. First, the gasket sent with the pull-start is broken, second, the internal spring was not connected so I had to open it up and re-spool the spring, next after just a few tugs the pull pull rope broke. I had to then go to the hardware store and buy a new rope and handle. Lastly after putting it all back together and reinstalling it, I gave it a few tugs and and found that one of the spring posts on the spindle part that attaches to the magneto is sheering off and bent so much it let me pull at all. This thing is a total piece of cheaply made crap. I have email them twice with pictures and have gotten no response so I called GasBike.net and spoke to a supervisor that told me, to get a refund or a replacement I had to talk to tech support, which is only open 2 hours a day, and then he told me that you get what you pay for especially for things made in China. He works for Gasbike and wont even stand by his own products. Terrible. He was really rude on top of it. I will try and fix the post myself and never order a thing from them again.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I got ripped off by gasbike over a year ago. I ordered a bottom end with a centrifugal clutch and pull start, an extra wide pedal crank, and a top end so I could put the engine together myself and save some coin. First of all, the extra wide crank never arrived. I filed a claim with PayPal and still never got a refund. I put the engine together while waiting to find out if I would receive the part that I needed, and installed it on my bike. I ended up ordering another extra wide crank from a different vendor when I found out that gasbike would not deliver the part or refund my money. When I finally did get the bike driveable, the one way bearing in the cent clutch failed after only a few rides. I ordered a replacement engine on ebay with a manual clutch, and I will never again buy from gasbike or kings motors. I have never been screwed so badly in my life, and I will never let it happen again.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
When I first started with these bike builds, I asked around. Found out one main thing, Gasbike.net is a rip off. The people on this forum told me to get any motor, from just about any site. But gasbike.net and kingsbike are the same thing, and they have very poor customer service.
Now, this site puts these "advertisements" to be fair, and to give people options. They try to give as many different places to choose. If you ask around, there must be about 10-20 people who have had no problem with Gasbike.net. You will also find probably 50-100 people who have had bad experiences. Do your homework, find out where to buy and where not to buy. That's why this forum is like a community. They put people's opinions out there, for others to learn from.

Hope it works out for you.