Hey guys.. I'm here!

GoldenMotor.com

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I am done with the "other" site...

I was tired of being harassed about owning an HT engine and will be sticking around here from here on out.

Short intro:

My name is John
I live in Mesa, AZ
I enjoy going on motored bike rides and have aspirations of doing some hardcore offroading with this new shifter kit coming in the mail. I like all motored bikes. Rack mount, frame mount, whatever floats your boat, as long as one is having fun and being able to get places for pennies on the dollar for fuel, thats what matters!

I was introduced to the board by Lennyharp.

So, hey guys!

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Hey, welcome. I'm starting to see a lot of people from my old hometown area (Phoenix).

You'll have to let us know how the shifter kit works out when offroading.

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Oh yeah.. currently, I'm stuck at home on disability after severely injuring my back (annular tear, bulging and dislocated disc) that paralyzed me for a few seconds.. That was SCARY!

So, right now I'm building a new bike to let me ride comfortably from now on.. no more hunched over riding, Dr's orders!

Also, I dunno if I'd be able to ride a normal bike again, so the motorized bike really is a blessing.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
welcome John
this is bill (aka azbill, aka azkronic)
we met at the 202 opening
seems that all the people I liked from there are now here
(1 more that i hope comes here...LF)

ps. I hope your back is feeling better :)

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Yeah, my back is better (and worse) at the same time. I know its getting better, but it hurts like a *bleeping* *bleeep* in the mornings and I have a hard time getting out of bed.

Right now, I'm working on painting the oldschool Judy DH '96 fork to match my similar era Gary Fisher that's getting the geared HT.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Somebody is going to have to go to the store.

Quick!

We're outta hot dogs, catsup AND beer....

(oh, and while you're there, pickup a few rolls of t.p. and get me a t.v. guide)
Where do I put all This Beer Oh and I had no more room for Hot Dogs the Beer took up all the space in the TJ, Oh well Help me put theese on Ice.

:eek:

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
psssst- we're out of spoons AND chairs, and we've got all this jello just sitting there.

On television they always bring buckets of chicken and boxes of pizzas, but I'm counting 4 jello dishes and 6 potato salads.

(And the bottle opener disappeared, saw some guys going out to try and bore out a broken bolt on somebodies ride.)

Sassifrasstea

Jul 19, 2008
Eastern Oklahoma
I hear ya. I was afraid to put anything on the other site, for fear of getting "yelled at." Reminds me of the ladies at the club where I play golf. These guys here are very friendly and helpful. Love this site.

Last edited:

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
psssst- we're out of spoons AND chairs, and we've got all this jello just sitting there.

On television they always bring buckets of chicken and boxes of pizzas, but I'm counting 4 jello dishes and 6 potato salads.

(And the bottle opener disappeared, saw some guys going out to try and bore out a broken bolt on somebodies ride.)
Bama Just use your Mcgiver Knife, And the kids are bringing more chairs and dogs I think norm is suposed to bring the kethup.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
ok I got lost at hot dogs.
Hey bro There right there next to BBq, The park ain't that big.....But well I bet you found the Beer First thats why you got lost at the Dogs.

Grab a Chair and relax let the Beer work it's Magic.....(^)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site john. a couple things i did to my bike to make it less bothering to my back was number one lower the seat. you dont need to pedal except to start. number 2 and the biggest was a springer front end. that smoothed out the ride big time and number three was a suspension seat post. that did not make a real big difference but every little bit helped. glad to have you with us and hope you enjoy the site as much as i do
:ride2: