Hi everybody!

GoldenMotor.com

Bike n00b

Jun 25, 2010
Modesto, CA
Hello I am 14 years old and I have been interested in motorized bikes for some time now. Now that I have sufficient funds, I am eager to get started on my first project. I am going to be using it for all kinds of travel, from 5- 10 mile trips, to distances of up to 30 miles. My ideal setup would be a good single speed bike with a four stroke motor. My only questions for now are what bike and motor do you recommend for a beginner?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum.
It's great to see a young guy that is willing to turn some wrenches!
The best kit for a beginner depends on what kind of bicycle you will use. A two stroke China girl is great for beginners if you are using hard tail mountain bike or beach cruiser. Some frames, like a lot of dual suspension frames, will require a rack mount system because there is no front triangle in them.
I have never built a four stroke bike, so I will leave it to the thumper guys to help you out with that.

Last edited:

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan
Hello I am 14 years old and I have been interested in motorized bikes for some time now. Now that I have sufficient funds, I am eager to get started on my first project. I am going to be using it for all kinds of travel, from 5- 10 mile trips, to distances of up to 30 miles. My ideal setup would be a good single speed bike with a four stroke motor. My only questions for now are what bike and motor do you recommend for a beginner?
Welcome to the forum Bike! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey there Bike n00b , welcome! I can tell you first hand of a very simple build as this was my first four-stroke build for myself. I took an aluminum framed Ridgedale single-speed beach cruiser and slapped a Grubee 4G Huasheng 49cc engine kit on it. Easy cruisin and reliable as the sunrise...I love this bike and the cost was under $6oo complete! Here's a pic of it:

Attachments