Hello from Ft. Worth

GoldenMotor.com

frictiondrive

Jun 24, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Hello, Cris here..... Been a while since I visited this forum, it's good to see so many folks are interested in motorized bikes of one kind or another. For years I tinkered with weed wacker bikes I built and a few electric ones as well. I had an equal amount of fun on both, but was able to use my last electric to commute back and forth to work for over a year with reliability. It's almost summer so I thought I build another gas powered bike so here I am trying to see what advances have been made in the last few years in the way of kits and engine design.
Are there any other forum members in and around the DFW area? I'd like to hear what kind of luck people here in Texas are having with riding gas powered bikes on the street and dealing with the law. As far as I know, Texas allows electric bikes with some restrictions, but does not mention gas powered bikes; please post your findings, thanks!

Cris

waldrip1

Jun 24, 2009
KELLER TX
I Got A Ticket In Ft. Worth For No Lic.plate Or Reg. Officer Told Me My Huffy Bicycle Was Moped. I Got A 48cc Motor Which Cant Be Reg. Because Its Not On Dept Public Safety List.iwas Told By Lawyer I Might As Well Pay Ticket ,also Cop Told Me Icould Pedel All I Want Just Dont Start That Engine

frictiondrive

Jun 24, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
What part of Ft. W. were you in when you got the ticket? There are parts of the city I'd rather not ride in due to hassels with police. I'm up here in NRH, and we don't seem to have any issues. If the police start getting curious, I turn off my engine and peddle. I suppose I will have my day when I get pulled over and then have to pay the price. Texas is backwards in regards to motorized vehicals/bicycles and there does not seem to be any change on the horizon.

Cris