Start up problems.

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 14, 2016
Texas
I pedal. I release clutch. The bike runs for 1.5 seconds and comes to a stop. I hear compression. Bike rolls during the 1.5. When I pull back the throttle it tries to move but it gets no where.

What are my trouble shooting options?

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Could be many things, chain to tight, carb slide in backwards, did you check to see if the piston was pointing the right direction before you installed it? Theres so many things it could be, I cant tell without pictures or a video.

Aug 14, 2016
Texas
I'll take some pictures, but I'm sure it's the chain. I cut it too short and had to adjust the wheel to get it to fit. I didn't know that would cause issues if it were too tight.

Also...I took the spark plug out..walked the bike and put the tip to the engine and I saw no 'spark' as they tell me I would see.

EDIT: So I got it running. The problem now is that it want's to accelerate without me applying the throttle. When I get it to a stop it shuts off.

Edit2: OK. So after research I learned I must release the clutch. Now the only issue is when I LOCK the clutch in place it's not enough to keep it idle. It's time to call upon THE POWER. [ Insert 2 and a Half men Theme song ]. Pulling out THE GUNS lol.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ten minutes is a LONG time to let your engine idle. The Chinese two stroke bike engines have no way to cool themselves except for air moving over the cylinder head and cylinder cooling fins. They have no internal cooling fan or shrouding. You need to ride the bike, not let it sit and idle. Heat can damage your engine and with no cooling excess heat is what you'll have.

Tom

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Ten minutes is a LONG time to let your engine idle. The Chinese two stroke bike engines have no way to cool themselves except for air moving over the cylinder head and cylinder cooling fins. They have no internal cooling fan or shrouding. You need to ride the bike, not let it sit and idle. Heat can damage your engine and with no cooling excess heat is what you'll have.

Tom
True indeed the founder is right even just after 2 mins my engine will burn the sh!t out of my hand!