Bmw r1200rt

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
My MadAss got stolen right out of my garage along with 2 motorized bikes. That's all they took, just bikes w/o license plates. The MadAss was registered, but I hadn't put the plate on yet. Me thinks they slim-jimmed the door lock, so it's now a commercial grade dead bolt with no knob, just a grab bar. I think the gods were sending me a message to not screw with these itty-bitty bikes anymore.

So I got the "beemer" I always wanted;

It's sweet, best bike I ever owned. Great protection, smooth as glass, nice low center of gravity. Good for carving twisties as well as ripping up the freeway. Only weighs 600 lbs.

Nice motor eh?

The BMW tradition.

Rear view;

The color is ebony which I thought was another name for black, but it way cooler than that. It has the brown tones of ebony which come out with the sun.

Awesome. I'm ready to roll serious miles in serious comfort!

Bike fits me very well. I can flat foot at stops which is very reassuring.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks. It was a kinda "spur of the moment thing", I always wanted one since I was a kid and I sat on one of these a year ago. The missing MadAss got me going. Saw that there was a "summer event" on and it was ending soon.

Invited my girlfriend to Livermore for a cheesesteak and a dealer look. She fit on fine and snuggled in real nice. Bought it then and we picked it up the next day. Had to get it bought by the end of July or no $1200 factory discount. Ya snooze ya lose.

I'm a winner - :)

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yep, that BMW is a fine looking piece of machinery.

But did you say that you're giving up MBs? Have you gone nuts?

On the other hand....if I had a BMW.....maybe I'd be tempted to ride it an awful lot.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nothing was missing except the MadAss, my Worksman ING with the Staton friction drive and the Dawes with the Magic Pie 3. No tools and they didn't even take the battery charger for the MP3.

Obviously a "snatch & run"

The Madass was insured on my MC policy so I got paid for that. I didn't bother with the bikes. I could have claimed on my homeowners policy but you really don't want to file small little "nuisance claims" on your HO policy. It just pisses them off.

No, not giving up on motorized bikes, if fact I have 1 more to build, the electric Socrates. What I meant was I'm not getting another MadAss. I still have the 150cc Piranha and I've got a footpeg kit for the Motoped. So when ever I get tired of my 70cc pedal powered Motoped I can convert it to a 150cc motorcycle.

langolier

Jul 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Nice looking Beemer Mike, I assume they fixed the recall issue they had a year or two a go. I was at the "Missouri" BMW rally when they were recalled along with some unhappy owners at the time. My brother has a RT1200, Nice bikes.