New Ebay 80cc Kit?

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Anyone just within the past few months purchase a 80cc kit via EBAY?

It seems to me that the 80cc ebay kits come with either the "speed" carb , with the rectangular air filter opening or the NT carb with 4 round openings.

Anyone just purchase a ebay kit and care to share photos?

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
The last kit I bought via ebay had the larger speed carb with rectangular air filter.

I wanted to buy another but the seller has already quit selling kits, so need to find a new seller.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
so much improvement over the last few years that this has almost become a ford vs chevy thing

just stay away from the pre-2012s & you'll be OK

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
so much improvement over the last few years that this has almost become a ford vs chevy thing

just stay away from the pre-2012s & you'll be OK
Ain't that the tuth... my first engine was pathetic compared to the newer ones... I've even got some cheap ebay specials that turned out really well. About the only thing I don't like about the newer ones are those cat eye transfer ports... the older straight ones are still my favorite for making a screamer, but I got a say I'm pretty impressed with the torque capabilities of the newer style cylinders, they just fall short when it comes to high revs.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
such is the nature of the 2-stroke - one can move the power point, but not spread it

I suspect that 300# americans made them move it lower

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Ordering the California motorbikes kit this week. I will post the whole build in the cruiser section. For now I plan to pull just the top end, port the cylinder, ramp the piston, try the short banana pipe they sell. It's all going on a modified vintage cruiser and I will post it for sale as soon as I feel it's solid.

michaelbikin

Jul 9, 2015
New Hampshire
I recently bought a kit, great condition and quality for 138.00 on ebay... I wll get back to you on the seller's name or the link to the kit. I build my bike with the kit and it works and runs great so far, anyways... it came with the standard NT carb, which works just fine, although I would reccomend upgrading anyway to an HP carb with the cone shaped air filter. I picked one up for 20 bucks on ebay, but you make need to get an offset intake manifold, as it usually won't have enough clearance for it in the bike frame because it is bigger.