Motobecane style 100cc or 50cc 2 stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

Kanye

May 2, 2015
East Coast
Would a 100cc two stoke engine such as YZ, RM, or KTM100 fit on a motobecane style moped?

I thought about doing a 50cc 9hp denardis set up, but I don't know if it has the torque. Another thing about the smaller engine is that you have to rev it high and run it hard be in the power band.

That is why i'm swaying towards the older, larger, and milder, 100cc two stroke engines from the 70 and 80's. Or Modern two strokes if I can find a
deal.

Would it be more cost effective to part out a dirtbike or build an a bought engine from ebay from the ground up(top and bottom end rebuild) and outward (exhaust, intake, ignition etc)

Thoughts?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Definitely check out treatland.tv before considering a bigger engine, you may be able to upgrade the power on your 50cc enough that you won't need to do an engine swap, and there's a strong possibility that you can get a 70cc kit for that engine. With 70cc's and the right upgrades 15 to 20hp is very possible, and upgrading the 50cc you can expect 10 to 15hp depending on upgrades...