1st thatsdax 38mm stroke "GT5" engine built

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nonchalant decent size turbo in the back of davezilla's picture....
That's going in my other toy... I got an 86 Nissan 4x4 pickup that needs a little more pep... was all ready to install it then the engine started knocking so I'll most likely go with a bigger v6 (unless I can find the right sized diesel for it) and save the turbo for another project...

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
So let me get this straight. you guys dont use the rse reed kit because its to small? and your ignitions are 100 years old :) i guess my bike is pretty nice after all.

but seriously. well done mapbike. davezilla take a flying leap off a skyscraper.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So let me get this straight. you guys dont use the rse reed kit because its to small? and your ignitions are 100 years old :) i guess my bike is pretty nice after all.

but seriously. well done mapbike. davezilla take a flying leap off a skyscraper.
Honestly I dont use a reed set up because I dont care about them, my engines run the way I want them to without using reeds, we all build what we want and try to get the engines to run how we prefer them to, a smooth as possible running 40-43mph CG build is an ideal cruiser in my opinion, but that is what I shoot for and doesnt apply to everyone.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any pix of your builds you'd like to share with us?

And to also address another thing here.... Dave is a knowledgable and very consteu tive member of this forum and I consider him as a friend here on the forum so no reason for the hateful statements toward him, its seems you have had many negative things to say about others and their builds but I dont see you offering the kind of help some of the rest of us do on here and I dont recall you showing us pix of your engine builds or bikes which is somethint many of us enjoy seeing and it adds credibility to the member when they can actually show us what they do rather then just hating on others and their builds.

If you really do have superior techniques and bikes why do you show them to us so we can enjoy and learn from the knowledge you claim to have?

And by the way in what world did they have CDI ignitions 100 years ago?

With all that said I just wish everyone the best with whatever they do, its all about having fun and enjoying this great hobby, we should help each other when we can, its not like we're in a competition here, or a5 least this is how I see it.

Map.bf.

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV

Well bless you and your little cotton socks.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Hey Frank, I would just like to tell you that behavior like this won't get you anywhere. If anything it discredits every single thing you have ever said on these forums. The fact that other credible members are saying something you don't agree with doesn't mean you are still right. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

PS:
May as well make another account so people don't know who you are

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The issue I have is the fact that after reading every single word in all of the threads that have been started from this member, I dont see a single post that amounts to much, all I see are questions looking for knowledge from others and not one thing constructive offered to anyone, but instead only comments like calling other members " armchair mechanics".

http://motorbicycling.com/search.php?searchid=1956816

If someone has nothing to offer and only seeks answers to there own questions that's fine, but all the negativity toward others for what they have and do isn't beneficial to anyone.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dude you seriously need to move on down the road to another forum....... you have nothing to offer here and it seems you can learn nothing either.

But Im not going to go on about it here, I just hate it when people like you who obviously dont know squat come on the forum and do nothing but cause trouble and criticize others.

People like you must live a sad lonely life, or just have a couple brain dead friends just like yourself who have to tolerate each other just so you all can say you actually have a friend.

.duh.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I learned early on after joining this forum that what worked for me might not for others, that doesn't mean I was wrong on my advise it means that each and every engine has its unique requirements that we have to tune to. I bought five kits when I first started with m/b's and all required different tuning to some degree, so I never bash a member for his views or thoughts if he "shows his work".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys. You're taking care of another problem just fine. If you need any help you know where to find me. Oh, and I'm watching this situation too.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas

Well... since nobody has seen your bike we can all assume you don't even own a bike... at least not a motorized one with a cg engine.... from the type of behavior we all see from you I'm pretty sure there's a training wheel forum where you may fit in just a little bit better than in here.... maybe when you grow up you can get a bike so you can at least show us some pics of your ride, but until then we can only assume you don't even own one... at least not one that runs, but Maybe if you keep your ears open and mouth shut you *might* learn enough to get one built.. and only then you might get a little respect. The way you act tho I seriously doubt anyone will ever respect you or anything you say...