bucking and misfiring

GoldenMotor.com

VenturiEffect

Apr 13, 2015
Tampa, Florida
I think I might have done to many mods at one time.So ive recently got into performance mods. Mainly for speed. And torque balance. 32 tooth, sbp x chamber and a dellorto sha clone carb. I installed all of these at the same time. #65 jet in the carb extended intake manifold and 13 inch header on the pipe. From flange to very beginning of expansion bell. It starts right up. With ease I mean one turn of the pedals and bam. But when I get up to maybe 10 mph hit the gas and it like a bucking horse jerking and misfiring. Not a steady idle. Not sure what going on here. Im thing about putting the stock exhaust back on and try to tune the carb a little richer then put.the x chamber back on. Any thoights on what may be causing this? I live at sea level and not sure of the jet sizing and what not. Completely clueless when it comes to jetting. I also have replaced the the boot and plug.

SOLVED:

Gap was to small on the spark plug not sure how that happened. Also chain was loose. This thing runs like a champ now. Just need to get the jetting proper now.

Last edited:

VenturiEffect

Apr 13, 2015
Tampa, Florida
Yeah im going to put the stock nt on and see if it still does it. If it doesnt buck like a bronco I know ill have to play with the jets on the rt carb. Tune the rt carb with the stock exhaust and go from there. Ive never had issues like this. I was also ingormed that it could be the 32 tooth sprocket im using

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah im going to put the stock nt on and see if it still does it. If it doesnt buck like a bronco I know ill have to play with the jets on the rt carb. Tune the rt carb with the stock exhaust and go from there. Ive never had issues like this. I was also ingormed that it could be the 32 tooth sprocket im using
It's very possible the 32 tooth is way too hig of gearing for your setup... have you had any port work done to the cylinder? do you have a high compression head installed? You will need a lot of extra torque to turn that sprocket on a 26" rim... I would go with a 36 or even a 40 tooth rear sprocket and tune the engine to work with one of them... Anything smaller than a 36 is going to kill your acceleration to the point it won't be able to make it into the powerband to take advantage of this gearing... Think of it like a standard car or a motorcycle that you're trying to take off from 3rd gear instead of first... it'll do it but it's gonna buck and surge all over the place until it reaches a certain speed.

VenturiEffect

Apr 13, 2015
Tampa, Florida
I was hoping that wasnt the case I extended the intake manifold and x chamber to get more torque. Im more than likely going to have to get a new chain and sprocket now. And no, no port work or high comp head thats next on my list along with ramping and reversing transfer ports to 180 the jug