Motor Bikes Gurus! Lots of questions here!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I know. I have a guy trying to trade me a bike he bought for one of mine told him ill take 100 off that's all he said I was a rip off I told him you already got ripped off!!!!
Id tell the guy to go fix the one he has and make everything right on it and when h3s done come back and talk with me about the experience.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I hope the idiot turned purple when you told him that. Trying to get a bike right that someone else put together is TWICE the work or more. Ya gotta deal with all the crap the dude "Customized" trying to force things together. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. DONT LIKE IT.
fatdaddy.usflg
I'm in the middle of that situation as well... at least the guy is patient with me and he sees the differences in his bike each time he comes in to check on progress. I still need to build a better front mount for his setup and make him a billet rear spacer to put between his engine and mount block as well as getting some longer studs for the rear mount so I can use my double mount block method on the rear mount. For the front mount the guy that built the bike just used a 1/8" thick piece of 1" wide aluminum bolted to the engine and another 1/8" strap that the frame tube is sandwiched between. Both these straps were badly bent fromnbeing torqued down over the frame and the whole engine could easily be moved side to side by hand. His cdi was tightened down until it snapped an ear off and he had wiring and excess cables just wrapped arounf the frame tubes.. the clutch was near impossible to pull in because of this and all his wiring was just twisted together and covered with electrical tape and someone put an led on the white wire to make the ignition even weaker. The bike its self just looked slapped together quickly and carelessly as well but it looks much better now.
About all I need to do now is adjust the clutch, make some better mounts, adjust the chain and it'll be ready to start for the first time... I also need to bend his pipe so it clears the pedals but I may just give him my ktm pipe since he really wants it bad. I will need to do some improvements to that pipe before I give it to anyone tho since its not the prettiest pipe out there... but it does work well.

The owner of this bike cant believe how different his bike looks just by cleaning up the wire and cable routing not to mention just correcting all the poor assembly methods used to put the bike its self together.
I've spent who knows how many hours correcting mistakes made on his bike and still got about 3 to 4 hours worth of work left on this one before I can even take it out for a test ride.... we agreed on a price to fix everything but this guy. sees all the improvements and told me he will pay me a little more for the time I've taken to get his bike right. Most customers don't see all the work that goes into a build and some only care about what it.
costs to buy one so that's how some of these sellers get away with such sloppy work and set their prices way high

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
xct2I know what you mean have you used the billet front mount? I bought 5 of them and there great!!! only thing is there 1 1/2" and these damn astras have a 1.75" down tube go figure I remember by first bike I bought 5 yrs ago it was a cob job but I bought it anyways it took me 4 days to redo this guys work but when done the thing was nice I sold it a few months later and bought my first kit from e-bay. which is why im now selling these bikes they are addictive and boy is this high when there done GREAT!!!!!! love building them. im going to finally build my own now who sells the best bottom ends???? someone let me know.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
xct2I know what you mean have you used the billet front mount? I bought 5 of them and there great!!! only thing is there 1 1/2" and these damn astras have a 1.75" down tube go figure I remember by first bike I bought 5 yrs ago it was a cob job but I bought it anyways it took me 4 days to redo this guys work but when done the thing was nice I sold it a few months later and bought my first kit from e-bay. which is why im now selling these bikes they are addictive and boy is this high when there done GREAT!!!!!! love building them. im going to finally build my own now who sells the best bottom ends???? someone let me know.
In my experience tthe bottom ends that Duane/thatsdax sells have been the best Ive had, I havent looked in a few days, but he was out of them, bu5 may have some more by now, Im not saying his are better than anyone elses as far as other vendors who advertise here, but I have several other engines and none of them have as tood of balance as the lowers Ive gotten from dax, I have two of the newer 38mm stroke versions he's been selling lately, but I havent got one of them running yet to know how it compares to the 40mm stroke version he sold in the past.

I did call and talk to Duane before I bought them and he told me he had one built and going on a bike and the balance was just as good and he just cleaned the ports up on a jug, put a Puch head on it and use one of the Banana pipes and had got 40+mph with a 36T sprocket on the rear.

Thats really all I ever shoot for our of mine nowadays so I ordered two of the lowers, but my other projects have been taking up my time and I haven't had a chance to stick one together yet, im neexing to real soon though so I can give an honest review of them for those who may be interested.

Personally, I dont think you can go wrong by getting an engine or lower from Duane, hes a great fella who offers excellent service after the sale and thats important to me.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
just checked anddax shows to have the complete engines on page 1 of the parts page, but isnt showing any lowers, I would call him and ask if he has one for sale if you're interested, even some of the high end builders recommend the engines dax has sold because they are better quality than some of the others out there in ebay land and such

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
xct2thanks for the info. ill call him today I have his number on speed dial LOL I have bought a few things from him and he has called me so I should give him a call im going to use a poo poo exhaust and chop the end off the pipe and add a expansion chamber to it should be a nice exhaust I have seen ppl chop the ends off a aluminum base ball bat and add it to a pipe

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
xct2thanks for the info. ill call him today I have his number on speed dial LOL I have bought a few things from him and he has called me so I should give him a call im going to use a poo poo exhaust and chop the end off the pipe and add a expansion chamber to it should be a nice exhaust I have seen ppl chop the ends off a aluminum base ball bat and add it to a pipe
Good deal, hope you can get you a real good one crom Duane.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well went and picked up my other bike from my buddies shop wow this thing has a ton of dust its been there for about 3 months LOL guess its not a good idea to leave them in a spring shop with all the grinding and cutting kind of gets dusty LOL

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well I just got my JAKES head you know the square one this has a lip on the cylinder face that fits the gasket and it seems a good quality head tons of cooling capacity fins fins everywhere any one tried these heads????

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
good looking bike, I built a thruster fixie 700 up a while back, I turned it into a 26" though, changed forks and put 26" wheels on it, changed brakes. not a bad riding bike, really needs suspension forks on it to be as comfortable as I would like but the frame feels very solid.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well I just got my JAKES head you know the square one this has a lip on the cylinder face that fits the gasket and it seems a good quality head tons of cooling capacity fins fins everywhere any one tried these heads????
Yep I have the Jake head also, be advised you need a very long reach spark plug.