reed?

GoldenMotor.com

highstrung74

Nov 4, 2014
illinois
im very familiar with reed valves and their purpose...but where to get one other than Venice motor bike.all seem to be out of stock that sell for less than 90.00.i want to get one but im uncertain where to purchase one.any input would help.thanks in advance. dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

highstrung74

Nov 4, 2014
illinois
thanks again,i just ordered one from David Rust from arrow cycle and all i can say is he is very knowledgable and willing to share his vast knowledge with potential customer.he is fantastic.i will be ordering a cyclnder for one of my many(four) gas bikes next week.i had only enough money to get the reed.but i cant say how polite he was and spent considerable time on the phone with me explaining these motors.thanks again
Dallas Dean.
.cs. dance1

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
Its been said that reeds help bottom end power & torque, a smoother, lower idle, and just about eliminate 4 stroking altogether. However, they do have a limited lifespan and require occasional replacement. But that's just what I've read, I've no real world experience with them at all. Anyone with actual experience want to comment? How long do they last? Any noticable benefits? Pros and cons?