DAX Made in America?

GoldenMotor.com

goofyfoot2001

Aug 16, 2012
South Carolina
So anyone (dax) have a scoop on the engine he has up that say Type D made in America? The reason I ask is my last engine must be a total lemon or something. got a few good rides but nothing consistant. I'm trying to decide if I want to try this again or look around for a cheap 250.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Try calling Duane and discussing the engines, from what I understand they quality control the engines at Dax, so the parts are made in China but you won't get an uninspected lemon, and Dax has customer support should you run into issues.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So anyone (dax) have a scoop on the engine he has up that say Type D made in America? The reason I ask is my last engine must be a total lemon or something. got a few good rides but nothing consistant. I'm trying to decide if I want to try this again or look around for a cheap 250.
thatsdax motors use pretty much the same parts as all the kits from China.

SkyHawks use Japanese crank bearing for instance and they are good enough
that the Arrow Motorized Cycles use them in their race engines.

From what I can figure out thatsdax replaces the case bolts with allen head
bolts so to say his motors are 'Made in USA" is highly misleading to say the least!

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.

bolts so to say his motors are 'Made in USA" is highly misleading to say the least!
Yup! I agree - although Most CG's now use "japanese" bearings not all of them are all that great though. I had an engine with koyo:http://www.koyousa.com/ brand bearings and they still blew out. I pretty much assume that arrow uses nachi or some other super nice bearing but I might be wrong.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I think "assembled in America" might be a slightly more accurate statement; assembled from (inspected) Chinese, Japanese, and (MAYBE one or two) American parts.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA

He doesn't just say "Made in the USA"----this is what he says on his website:

"These Engines are built here in USA from only the best Globally sourced parts. Engineered parts include 40mm 360 Degree Steel Full circle GP type Crank hand drilled and balanced with 110mm Con Rod with Center Oiling holes, Hardened 8.8 case bolts and cylinder studs, RB 6202Z Japan Crank Bearings, HR 6202 Japan Clutch bearing, 8.8 hardened steel clutch pin and bearing and more. Full Circle 40mm Balanced Crank is Design Copyright Protected ! Order either F50 or F80 Blocks below. Please allow 3-4 working days before Blocks are shipped since they are built, tested and then shipped. Thank you.."

This is hardly misleading

rangefinder

Oct 18, 2012
Des Plaines, IL
My wife just ordered mine from Dax last week for my birthday.
I got to say I am pretty darn excited about this.
It's my first CG, so I directed her to him for more QC.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
My wife just ordered mine from Dax last week for my birthday.
I got to say I am pretty darn excited about this.
It's my first CG, so I directed her to him for more QC.
Happy Birthday!! You will love it. It's too bad that this is your first CG because you won't notice how much better Dax engines are compared to some of the ones that come with e-bay kits.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i suspect they just order what they assume the best parts are and assemble the motor in house then ship it ...

this is nice because well even though your getting a china girl still, it has been put together by some one who has put thought into what the best parts are or might be and hand assembled it to asure quality over suspect china asembled stuff.

so yehh its a china girl and all the parts are from china .... but the motor is built with all the best parts from china available and asembled by some one who cares a bit more about quality control. this makes the moderate price increase worth the expence because in return you get a motor asembled properly with all the best parts and quality hardware. your paying for a piece of mind.

this alone makes it worth wile, this alone is why dax motors vibe less and rev quicker and seem to last longer. again its because the parts are picked up looked at inspected and asembled by some one pasionate about what they do, so even though they may be the same parts that other kits have ... its the combination of the best parts and the quality of the asembly job that your paying for ... its well worth it if your not a great mechanic, you see this way you get a great china girl with no work involved.

you see if in china the assembly guy is putting a motor together he is not carfully checking tollerances or inspecting parts , he is slaping that crap together as fast as he can so he can get his @ss out the sweaty factory, so you get cracked fins, scored jugs, bad castings, casting flash in the ports, broken pison rings EXE...

with the dax motor well the parts used are the ones the co. though to be the verry best and they are looked at and inspected during assembly for flaws wile the motor goes together, if something is not right or castings are off or tolerance out of wack the part is tossed and replaced with a good one to compleate the motor assuring you quality.

if your not a good mechanic the dax motor is the way to go.
if you know your stuff why not tear down any ol grubee or 80cc and rebuild it right and save your money ? most of us mechanics just tear the damn thing down and jam our tools in every hole and slot untill we are satisfied anyway.....

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
First of all Roger the bottom ins are assembled in China. you order in if you order is complete motor Dwayne will put the topend on it. Peace of mind in a crap shoot that's funny is funny stuff okay then Russian Roulette is a family board game.
LMAO
laff

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
First of all Roger the bottom ins are assembled in China. you order in if you order is complete motor Dwayne will put the topend on it. Peace of mind in a crap shoot that's funny is funny stuff okay then Russian Roulette is a family board game.
LMAO
laff
my post was and edgucated guess on how the motors are diff based on the web site discription and peoples testimonys ..... not my own experiance.

mmmk so now i know. i always thought they were pieced together from the best sourced parts, lol jokes on me then.

at least thats how all the wording on the adds and web page make it sound .

These Engines are built here in USA from only the best Globally sourced parts. Engineered parts include 40mm
360 Degree Steel Full circle GP type Crank hand drilled and balanced with 110mm Con Rod with Center Oiling
holes, Hardened 8.8 case bolts and cylinder studs, RB 6202Z Japan Crank Bearings, HR 6202 Japan Clutch
bearing, 8.8 hardened steel clutch pin and bearing and more. Full Circle 40mm Balanced Crank is Design
Copyright Protected ! Order either F50 or F80 Blocks below. Please allow 3-4 working days before Blocks are
shipped since they are built, tested and then shipped. Thank you..

this sound like someone sourced all seperate parts they thought are best and assemble the motor here from piece. DOES IT NOT ? well if none of this is true and its all cleaver wording then wow he is good lol. and i was fooled.

i do believe you that its just a reg bottom end

so whats the real differance with the dax motor ? why do people say the vibe less and run better ? is it placeebo ?

whats the deal?

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
my post was and edgucated guess on how the motors are diff based on the web site discription and peoples testimonys ..... not my own experiance.

mmmk so now i know. i always thought they were pieced together from the best sourced parts, lol jokes on me then.

at least thats how all the wording on the adds and web page make it sound .

These Engines are built here in USA from only the best Globally sourced parts. Engineered parts include 40mm
360 Degree Steel Full circle GP type Crank hand drilled and balanced with 110mm Con Rod with Center Oiling
holes, Hardened 8.8 case bolts and cylinder studs, RB 6202Z Japan Crank Bearings, HR 6202 Japan Clutch
bearing, 8.8 hardened steel clutch pin and bearing and more. Full Circle 40mm Balanced Crank is Design
Copyright Protected ! Order either F50 or F80 Blocks below. Please allow 3-4 working days before Blocks are
shipped since they are built, tested and then shipped. Thank you..

this sound like someone sourced all seperate parts they thought are best and assemble the motor here from piece. DOES IT NOT ? well if none of this is true and its all cleaver wording then wow he is good lol. and i was fooled.

i do believe you that its just a reg bottom end

so whats the real differance with the dax motor ? why do people say the vibe less and run better ? is it placeebo ?

whats the deal?
This is no Ordinary Block. This
Gen IV R Block has the New
Design Copyright Protected
40mm GP 360 Full Circle S Steel
Crank Hand Drilled and Balanced,
Japan RB 6202Z Crank Bearings
and clutch HR Japan 6202
bearings, and 8.8 Automotive
Grade Bolts for engine Cases and
Mounting Studs.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I've bought a total of 15 motors from just about every vendor out there and i must say the best-one I stll have is a Dax F-80 type D with the drilled out crank & con.rod is the quickest bike motor Ive had and longest lasting.

To be 100% honest though 11 of the 15 motors I sold so I cant speak for them but the 4 I've kept the Dax F-80 out performs the other 3. In fact I just ordered another lower end yesterday ! for 68$ + 9 bucks shipping I.M.H.O worth every penny.

Just my 2¢

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've bought a total of 15 motors from just about every vendor out there and i must say the best-one I stll have is a Dax F-80 type D with the drilled out crank & con.rod is the quickest bike motor Ive had and longest lasting.

To be 100% honest though 11 of the 15 motors I sold so I cant speak for them but the 4 I've kept the Dax F-80 out performs the other 3. In fact I just ordered another lower end yesterday ! for 68$ + 9 bucks shipping I.M.H.O worth every penny.

Just my 2¢
I agree 100%.......! worth every penny IMHO also.

Map .wee.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Mine's a Dax, and I lost track of the miles on it. Been running it since 2010, it'll be 4 years old in a couple months. It's mounted to its second bike. The first was wrecked when a truck ran me down, with this engine on it. I replaced the cracked carb and mounted it on my current bike. It hums along real nice. If you're determined to get a cheap Chinese two-stroke, I would have to recommend Dax. He has some integrity and will back up what he sells. I've had no problems at all from his direction.