New cylinder head available on Ebay!

GoldenMotor.com

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
ok im pretty clear now on this, that last paragraph i wrote was definitely unclear, i had to type it out 5 times because something kept going wrong, anyway yeah i have no problem doing the engine work and i would ideally like to pull out my crank and send it to you along with the jug for work but shipping would be ridiculous for those heavy parts i wouldnt know where to do it cheap, i dont mind having spare parts anyway if i buy a different cylinder from you , i could use my head and jug off the new gt5 for my other motor i blew if compatile or is the bottom end different?

Last edited:

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
OK good. That sounds good. Taking care of the engine work yourself will be the biggest money saver of all. Hmm, here in the US, we've got the US Postal service. I think the USPS does a great job, even shipping small packages worldwide. I think shipping stuff to you will cost around 10-15 US dollars.

Thanks.
-Fred

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
OK good. That sounds good. Taking care of the engine work yourself will be the biggest money saver of all. Hmm, here in the US, we've got the US Postal service. I think the USPS does a great job, even shipping small packages worldwide. I think shipping stuff to you will cost around 10-15 US dollars.

Thanks.
-Fred
Whoa there Fred!
Sorry, I was wrong about the cost to ship to Canada. I thought I had a pretty good handle on what shipping costs are but I'm wrong. It seems that shipping a medium flat rate box from the US to Canada would come to about $32.00! Bummer, it's all that red tape you have hack through, I'm sure. Well, at least it can be up to 20 pounds for the same price. Definitely try to get everything you need in one box!

.bf.
-Fred

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
ok i didnt think it would be this hard to figure out what i want to do, but im almost there turns out it is almost 100 to ship a gt5 to me from gasbike, plus taxes and whatnot, so that is well over a hundred more than i was paying for really nice slant kits with oversize tank back home,so what if i just find another just like that, what will the specs most likely be? can you send me a gt5 jug with the better ports? or am i stuck with the not so good cylinder design? how else do i get the better gt5? also i think i might attempt to balance the crank myself,

Last edited:

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Ahh, too bad about the shipping costs from Gasbike. You know, I'm sure you'll be fine with any engine you get as long as it has 8MM studs. And, yes, basically the only part of the GT-5 engine I'm interested in is the cylinder. So, if you use the GT-5 cylinder on a different engine, that will work great. Just one note on that though, if you put the GT-5 cylinder on a non GT-5 engine, I would definitely recommend using two bottom gaskets and use a jug with .100" taken off the top. Some bottom gaskets are really nice strong ones, but most are unfortunately super soft, and they compress a lot. It's possible that one might need to use 3 gaskets to bring the cylinder high enough.

Cool?

-Fred