Hello from Illinois!

GoldenMotor.com

Soup_Sandwich

Sep 23, 2010
Chuck-town, Illinois
Hey y'all,

Been lurking for a few days and just ordered my engine kit. I bought a 2010 Grubee 66cc Sky Hawk from Bikeberry. Still haven't sourced a bike yet, but I'm leaning towards an OP cruiser. Guy around here uses them in his production bikes and likes them. Plus they'd look pretty cool with the macargi springers.
Anyways, just introducing myself. I'm actually in Charleston, aka "Chuck-town". I should have it built in a couple of weeks. If your interested in riding....message me. We have quite a few MB'rs around here.

Todd
brnot

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Todd.I built a OP Roller,Cruiser and couldn't find a Springer that would fit.The steering head was to long.If you find one let me know,I'd like to see one with one.Kip.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi todd and welcome to our forum. nice to hear you have lots of motorized bicycle people in your area. when i lived in michigan i never seen one and here in st croix i have never seen any motorized bicycles. the only ones i have seen are the ones i built for myself. glad to have you with us

Soup_Sandwich

Sep 23, 2010
Chuck-town, Illinois
Well still haven't made up my mind on a bike yet. Kipharley, I realized last night that the springer repops wont fit the OP cruiser....kind of a bummer. I'm leanin towards a Micargi Huntington. They look cool with the springers and are pretty stretched out compared to the others iv'e been looking at. My only real concern with the Huntington is weight.

@ paul...yeah, Charleston has quite a few MB'rs...and I live about 15 minutes from Fat Tire Brothers in Kansas, IL. He keeps most of them in bikes around here. Seen a few "rat bikes" too.

Thanks for the link Dave31...I'll check it out.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hey,Todd.Just read your post and a light bulb came on!Bicycledesigner.com has a double springer for sale-Kinda pricey but it looks like you could swap out the steering tubes and space out the springs and it might work!Just a thought! Kip.

Look at the general disscusion thread.Springer fork quality seems sketchy.most all forks are.I have to work the springers I buy.Kip.

Last edited: