Hello from Australia!

GoldenMotor.com

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Hi guys, I just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I made a post looking for carburator help, however I just thought I'd share some tips I've figured out myself.

If your engine is covered in dirt/grime, even in the cooling fins, just grab a can of heavy degreaserand blast it. It comes up looking new.

If your clutch is making funny sounds or becoming stiff when you hold it all the way in, you need a thicker gasket on the clutch case. What happens is when it you hold the clutch, it rubs against the cover. I made mine out of a traffic cone (lol) and it works a lot better than that paper gasket.

Buy some self locking nuts, and use them on everything on your bike. They're basically just a nut with a nylon ring which stops them vibrating loose.

I also have the kind of bike which the brake/gear cables run on top of the bike, and if you put the tank on, the cables are held down and won't work. I found a way around, and will post a picture later tonight hopefully.

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
We should get together .I ride it ( Kep ) reguarly to Mt helena, Wondowie, Chidlow etc one of my mates stole it and rode to Midland all good. Does ur bike shop sell spares etc ?

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
We should get together .I ride it ( Kep ) reguarly to Mt helena, Wondowie, Chidlow etc one of my mates stole it and rode to Midland all good. Does ur bike shop sell spares etc ?
That'd be cool as man. I don't think they keep a lot of spares on site, but they can/will order it. I like the guys there, always willing to help. How far do you ride you bike? I barely ride mine for more than 20 minutes.

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
I ride to work and back 20km by road but I mainly use that at night or weekends I usualy use the track(26km) and even rode it allong the beach (20km) at lowish tide up in Exmouth. I have built 4 of these things now and this is verry addictive hobby.