Greetings from Il.

GoldenMotor.com

Skylarrew

Oct 1, 2009
Franklin Park, IL
Hi my internet name is Sky, and I am from the Chicago area. I just recently found the Motorized bikes and decided I want to build my own. I am in my fifties so this is all new to me. I am excited , I will recieve my engine kit in about three weeks. I have some basic understanding of engine care but this is a new first. I also want to know what the laws are in Il. for riding this bike? Do we have to have a license plate or special driver license for a 80cc bike? I realy dont know where to find this information. Any info will begreatly appriciated. Thanks, Sky
r.ly.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome sky. alot of people on the forum are from the midwest and chicago area so hopefully someone can let you know about the plates. most states 49cc or less no license or anything required. only way to tell the motors apart is to take them appart and they are not marked if you know what i mean. glad to have you with us
.wee.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
welcome Neighbor. Iam from Decatur, IL it's good to hear from a fellow Illini. no liscense its a motor assissted Bicycle. no oem frame for a plate, its a bicycle! there all "49cc" and they dont go over 25 mph. I havnt been stopped ,knock on wood I believe it is alot based on riding style. what parts of Chicago? "The Prussian" Shop Dogs are from the Waukegan area. bunch of good guys to hang with.