Hemi Hawthorne

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
My bike was built for a motor. It is all Dom ...stays are 3/4 tubing all I can remember about head tube is it had to be milled to except a bearing cup.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Little update....once I laced my 90mm rear drum I had a issue mounting my sheave.Problem was spoke alignment was off and would not accept Whizzer mounting hardware. It happened because I used longer spokes ..and once I twisted the hub to finish lacing the spokes were off. So I had to make my own and I chose Impact-Resistant UHMW Polyethylene and I also made spacers out of the same material.mSpacers were used to push sheave out so belt will clear 3" wide tires.Here is a photo of one of the UHMW mounts and how it worked out. Also where the bike s at...almost there!

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well it's about done...need to connect front and rear lights. The 212 has new springs,header,aluminum flywheel w/8 degree timing advance,custom intake and a Real Mikuni vm22-133.

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
The bike is looking really cool Motomagz. I like the offset headlight mounting.

Have you got a chance to ride it much?

I am curious as to how the belt tensioner is working out on your secondary belt.

Looking forward to a video of your machine in action.

Gilbert

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Very nice. Let us know when you have a test ride done! I see a cogged type AX belt for the sheave. What diameter is the small pulley on the jackshaft that connects with sheave?

MT

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Answer a few questions here,Measure Twice the pulley is 1 1/2" . GBrebes my maiden voyage was at The Portland Motor bike show.Racie and I did 18-20 miles no problem. I never really jumped on it till recently. Well once at Portland from a dead stop burned rubber about a foot..lol ? The tensioner is working great.It goes up and down with the pull of the cvt. Very happy with the bike and thanks for all the kind words!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Looking AWESOME! Bet the all belt is quiet, I like the hole profile. How long is the intake manifold?.............Curt