Out of the shed and back on the road

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
My Whizzer fell apart. Actually the tear down is to freshen everything up and get the rust off the chrome. Maybe put a Morrow hub in the rear wheel and some different bars and controls. Hopefully it will only take a couple of weeks.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Got it all cleaned up, rubbed out, waxed and back up on 2 wheels. Lots of dings and dents for extra character. I found a matching tire for the front and trying different bars. Also laced up an earlier Sturmey Archer brake hub for the front and put a Morrow in the rear. Cleaned up the motor as well and have it mocked up in the display stand. Still have to dig out a belt guard and decide what controls to use. Would like to put a Donut Derelicts Whizzer ride together soon.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Dale,

Great to see you working, rather hard I might add, on a motorized bike project. I missed having you in the pits at the last Grange race, and was hoping you still had the bug for our beloved hobby.

Hey, if you do plan on a Derelict Donuts Run sometime this Summer, please let me know. I've got my bike pretty well sorted out, and I have a bike carrier for my car, so I would like to join you sometime. I'm going to born free with CCC on June 28th, and I'm busy Fourth of July weekend, but after that I could make it.

I said it before, but that's one sweet machine you have there.

Gilbert

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks Gilbert. Good to hear from you. I still like to mix it up on the track but had too many conflicts this time. I will be sure to get with you for a ride this summer.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The bars had no chrome left, so I painted them off-white. I like Rustoleum Almond. Found some bow pedals and installed the crank. Used some axle adjusters I found at Vet Stadium Cycle Swap.

Got my license plate back on. Waiting on an ebay vintage large reflector.

Dan's making some cool acorn axle nuts to fit the special 3/8''-26 Sturmey Archer hub. I'll install my speedo drive when I get them.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I know it's not original because I eliminate the tension bar front mount, but I found this way is easier to adjust without the motor tilting. I also did away with the two-piece top rear mount. It looks cleaner and the motor stilll slips right into position.

Then I make this little clip that bolts to the front of the motor and mates with the tab on the frame.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Got my speedo installed. Still need to do the cable and drive. I want to use this nice Persons seat but it just moved every time I sat on it. So I made a special seat post clamp with an extra hole for a stabilizing bolt. Works great.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This is one awesome bike,almond and what? Leve it to you make it special with home made mounts. Always for the better...........Curt