First Build need advise

GoldenMotor.com

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I'm on my first build it's an 80cc 2 stroke.

I'm after buying a Aluminum Frame hibrid bike and one of the bars on the bike is a little too big to get the engine to fit I have 2 options.

1. Get a clamp and squeeze the aluminum bar 6mm (1/8 inch) each side ( total 12mm or 1/4 Inch so that the engine will fit. This might weeken the frame of the bike.

2. Use the adapter and drill the frame to fit the bike.

Any advise before I start on the build ?

Scol

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
There are motors with a wider front mouth, but not sure where to find them in the states.
My alloy bike has a 45mm tube and only needed a very slight squeeze of the frame to get my motor to mount.

Thunderhead289

Jul 2, 2013
an iowa corn field
there is a third option. I have seen bikes on youtube that have what looks like a dropdown and then it appears to resemble a muffler style clamp that is holding the engine to the frame.

search fred and motorized bike. I believe I saw this on one of his vids.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
A large frame adaptor, some of the kits I've bought come with this, but Its easy to buy/ make, and helps when the frame V angle isn't correct.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Most kits today come with 2 u bolts and a 2' X 2": piece of ¼ flat stock steel as an alternative mounting option enclosed is a picture of mine I hope you can use it to your advantage!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
2 smaller bolts are used to bolt the 2' X 2": flat stock to motor.
then the U bolts go into that tighten up & your done! No drilling needed I hat to see people drill their frames it weakens them considerably and also can let in major elements that rot the bike all inside it is a cancer ! TRY NOT TO DRILL unless you absolutely have to