Wolf Built. Two Builds complete.

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Been away from here for awhile, but the bike building has been in full swing! I finished the Higgins build for a local boutique in December. Tomorrow is the day for the shake down run. Also, I rebuilt my personal bike. It's almost ready to run. Had to do a few pix for a local magazine. Thought I'd share.

The Redeem:

The Ghost:

More photos can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradmwolf/sets/72157629117346794/

I'll have a website and goodies up shortly. Still working on a business plan, legal issues and other hoops I'm trying to jump through.

Currently working on a new build for a Morini based on a Worksman frame. It's a mix of a bobber and vintage dirt tracker. Stay tuned!

Reactions: Nightster

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Thanks man! Just been reading through your latest build! Really inspired to build something with a different powerplant. I've got my father scouring around to see what he can find and I'm on the prowl as well. Just feel it's time to step up to a full blown motorcycle status. I love air-cooled two strokes so I've got a few things in mind other than a Morini.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I just had a chance to check out your photos better (i was on my phone earlier) on Flickr and your bikes are even more impressive up close, youve absolutely nailed the look.

I really like both bikes, but im most impressed by the tank and the brass shifter on the "The Redeem", if that is a shifter. And also very impressed with the seat on "The Ghost". Would love to see more detailed pictures of these features sometime.

Your new build looks very cool also..... keep up the good work and show us your work more reguarly. Very COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice work on both of those builds! Which tires did you use on the Redeem? I'm looking for a good set of cream tires. I'm waiting on Felt to get the Quick bricks back in but they are saying it might be May.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Thanks everyone!

Harry, the brass piece I believe you're referring to is actually a sight glass. The seat on the Ghost is a Drag Specialties small solo seat pan that's been worked over a bit.

As for the tires, they're just a Duro Schwinn repop. I too am waiting on the Felts.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
A sight glass huh? I thought I could see a glass section, even cooler then...... For some reason I thought it was a hand clutch. My bad.

Keep up the good work

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Sealed the tank on the Redeem bike on Friday with Red-Kote. The fumes reacted with the matte clear coat on the outside of the tank. Had to sand it all down tonight. Awesome. It was too cold to respray tonight. I had planned on some shake down runs today but obviously that couldn't happen. Warming up the rest of the week, so I'll get'er going soon!

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
Gorgeous bikes! I hope you don't mind me asking, but is that a Cougar frame on the first bike. I love the all white frame and the gas tank.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm afraid I haven't heard anything from Flatblack in ages. I'm not sure he's still checking in here, Mikey. But I'm still kinda glad you bumped up the thread. Those were cool bikes he built. It was nice looking back on them.

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
I'm afraid I haven't heard anything from Flatblack in ages. I'm not sure he's still checking in here, Mikey. But I'm still kinda glad you bumped up the thread. Those were cool bikes he built. It was nice looking back on them.
Definitely a lovely build that is going to be the inspiration for what I'm going to work on!