40mph production frame- does one exist?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Man, $900 for this?

It would be well over $1K just getting real brakes on the thing.

Heck with that kind of budget get the real thing.

That frame will run you 50+ MPH over anything all day long, and stop you when you need to.

Surly makes some darn bikes too, and you can get custom parts.
http://surlybikes.com/bikes

This is geared to be a 15mpg mountain goat, but the quality components will easily take high speed and stop you as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love Felt bikes, but $900 would have been fair if it came with at least a front disc brake and maybe a 3-speed and not that funky 2-speed kick-back thing.

Just my 2¢ about base bikes that will take it all and then some out of the box.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
The worksman frames are hard to beat. Strong , a bit heavy , great track record .
Felt builds beautiful bikes but they are proud of them and the price reflects that.
A worksman 2600 with front drum brakes is $475 . Prety good bike for the $$$$$
AND IT"S A FLATTTTTTTIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE. Cool bike...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Don't get me wrong, I love Felt bikes, but $900 would have been fair if it came with at least a front disc brake and maybe a 3-speed and not that funky 2-speed kick-back thing.

Just my 2¢ about base bikes that will take it all and then some out of the box.
Or spend $300 and buy this.....

put whatever brakes you want on it and build this.....

and blow peoples minds going faster than you want to for an additional $1,700 and you build it yourself....not pre-fabbed. Single speed with raw awesome power!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Or spend $300 and buy this.....

put whatever brakes you want on it and build this.....

and blow peoples minds going faster than you want to for an additional $1,700 and you build it yourself....not pre-fabbed. Single speed with raw awesome power!
Awesome indeed Scotto!
You build some killer awesome machines!
The really cool part is you have the trophy's to prove it ;-}

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Just goes to show how inexperienced I really am- I thought Moto-Ped was a type, not a brand. Had to do some searching on that.
I've built about a dozen bikes, 50/50ish 4 to 2 strokes. I now see what I need for myself. Was looking at just buying a ********* but the fella wants 5000 or more. I can have more fun building it myself, but it's nice to have this kind of feedback, because I see how uninformed I actually am.
I will get it together. Thank you all for the input. It's great to hear from builders that I respect. I really appreciate it.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
OK, it's possible that I am just not that bright. Actually, that's likely. ;)

I've been following along with MikeB on his motoped build.

I just can't seem to remember well anymore.

Thanks for all the input folks!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Awesome indeed Scotto!
You build some killer awesome machines!
The really cool part is you have the trophy's to prove it ;-}
Don't let him fool you KC, Scotto's just a racing maniac! You put him on any bike and he's guaranteed a top two finish every time! That boy can ride!
.wee.

Well anything else compared to the green monster is like jumping out of a Ferrari and him finishing a race in a pinto!

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Thanks KC, that's the kind of info I'm looking for.

For other people here, kcsbikes.com is the other website I'm a member of, and it's a pretty cool site that a very helpful member here runs. Check it out.

Trey