robin eco8 engined dual suspension bmx

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
hey guys i have decided that I instead of trying to find a cheap 4 stroke kit i would diy a bike together, I am starting with a bunch of bikes, including a old da Vinci bmx bike and robin eco8 engine I have lying in shed, i need to know where to get a clutch drum with 410 drive sprocket to fit it, the clutch would need to be pocket bike style drum with flat cage type? the drum would need to be at least 78mm wide. sorry cant find any pics to show of clutch but hopefuly someone will know what i am looking for?

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
nothing on there with right size of chain fitment, all 6 or 8mm goped chain, unless there is a pin with 410 chain fitment as found a drum that would be right size, although i could buy a complete bicycle engine they sell and use gearbox maybe and sell off the engine?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If you call him I think you will get just what you need,or he should know,very helpfull to deal with.......Curt

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
i already sent off a email asking about having the part i linked to made to custom measurements as i have a slightly larger than average clutch pads at exactly 78mm and needed a slight gap for clutch to freespin in drum, so hopefully will hear back soon, curtis i cant call cost fortune to me, from ireland, hence name, no insult but read location on peoples post maybe before you recommend calling a supplier.

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
well still no reply from stanton yet. but on other news started on custom frame modifications i am going to do, first off front suspension fork off a 24 inch dual suspension replacing bmx forks, still need cut and modified so brakes line up. back will be a extended and redesigned swing arm made with 2 swingarms for a jackshaft to be accommodated into second bottom bracket, need to make pivot and shock mounting points on bmx seat post, have cut bmx frame at back of bottom bracket and seatpost, now for all fun bit, i plan to mount engine flat sideways with plug facing forward to get a ram air type effect on carb intake, still need to get carb, intake manifold and figure out how to make a ram air duct, thinking empty food can squezzed over a airfilter, should work hopefully.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
i already sent off a email asking about having the part i linked to made to custom measurements as i have a slightly larger than average clutch pads at exactly 78mm and needed a slight gap for clutch to freespin in drum, so hopefully will hear back soon, curtis i cant call cost fortune to me, from ireland, hence name, no insult but read location on peoples post maybe before you recommend calling a supplier.
Yep thought about that after I posted,sorry. Email my take a while. You may want to order a clutch along with the adapter save some on shipping,good luck ..........Curt

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
Yep thought about that after I posted,sorry. Email my take a while. You may want to order a clutch along with the adapter save some on shipping,good luck ..........Curt
curt i already have centi bit of the clutch all i need is the drum part, with a hanger to fit the engine, sorry no pics of the engine, but i know they are still produced and used, can be bought of alibaba, but one i got was a hire company throw away, got for €5, gobsmacked as basically got the complete engine, carb, exhaust, parts of mounting for vibrating plate and throttle control with it.