hello fellow motorized bikers

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Looks great! I've seen this somewhere before but can't remember?;) I like it! Good job! The off roading on that bike will be very smooth!:)

mtn man

Apr 23, 2012
Truckee California
Thx. You may have seen one like this. But you haven't seen this one before. I built this frame myself from scrap bike frames. I copied the Blow-by-you full suspension bike. Cuz I don't have $2200.00 bucks to buy there's. I have about $300.00 invested in this one. I'm lucky to have a used bike store near my house that has tonage of stuff for super cheep. They gave me a pile of frames they were going to throw away. I cut them up and made this frame. My buddy gave me the forks and shock. And I made the rear sway arm out of one inch square toobing with crank arms ground down to fit inside toobing and welded in place. The swivel is a bottom bracket with standerd 4 sided axel. Bike weights 65lbs. I have about 200 miles on it so far. No major problems with it. Very smooth ride lots of travel, lots of fun! Cheers.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
That is awesome! Submit it to www.atomiczombie.com . They give salutations and sometimes awards for home-built bikes. They might even send you plans (they make $ selling DIY bike plans) as an award. Even cooler would be if they duplicate your bike in a way so that others can build it esp from commonly available tubing and parts.

mtn man

Apr 23, 2012
Truckee California
That is awesome! Submit it to www.atomiczombie.com . They give salutations and sometimes awards for home-built bikes. They might even send you plans (they make $ selling DIY bike plans) as an award. Even cooler would be if they duplicate your bike in a way so that others can build it esp from commonly available tubing and parts.
Thanks HCS, I checked out that web site. Pretty cool stuff. i could not find were to submit my bike though. think you could point me in the right direction please.
i found those predator motors looking around on here. They look pretty nice. Thinking about a 4 stroke version now.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thx. You may have seen one like this. But you haven't seen this one before. I built this frame myself from scrap bike frames. I copied the Blow-by-you full suspension bike. Cuz I don't have $2200.00 bucks to buy there's. I have about $300.00 invested in this one. I'm lucky to have a used bike store near my house that has tonage of stuff for super cheep. They gave me a pile of frames they were going to throw away. I cut them up and made this frame. My buddy gave me the forks and shock. And I made the rear sway arm out of one inch square toobing with crank arms ground down to fit inside toobing and welded in place. The swivel is a bottom bracket with standerd 4 sided axel. Bike weights 65lbs. I have about 200 miles on it so far. No major problems with it. Very smooth ride lots of travel, lots of fun! Cheers.
Wow you got the forks,rear shock, and engine etc for 300 dollars! That is quite a deal!

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Marzocchi is nice! I have an old coil and oil shock from the 1990s, on my favorite mountain bike. I have bombed down hiking trail stairs made of rail road ties and it didn't buck me off the bike.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ok I recognize those forks now . Those are good forks it was hard to tell from the pict. I have two of those forks. Should'a recognized them lol.:p Oldies but goodies!(^) I ran those on my Boxer in the beginning and switched to a set of Rock Shocks for the room for wider rims. Scored a set of those twice on Craigslist those are pretty indestructible. Mine are still cherry. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22674

Last edited:

mtn man

Apr 23, 2012
Truckee California
Ok I recognize those forks now . Those are good forks it was hard to tell from the pict. I have two of those forks. Should'a recognized them lol.:p Oldies but goodies!(^) I ran those on my Boxer in the beginning and switched to a set of Rock Shocks for the room for wider rims. Scored a set of those twice on Craigslist those are pretty indestructible. Mine are still cherry. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22674
Cool, now i know what year they are. mine were missing the axel and one of those clamps on the bottom.. i had to buy a axel i think it was 25 bucks and i had a buddy with a vertical end mill make the clamp on the bottom. Y pretty insane forks lots of travel cushy ride..