Started a hi-performance Motorbike business; www.MotoVélo.us *vids

GoldenMotor.com

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Check it out friends!

MOTOVELO.US

Going to be custom installing Morini's (really want to spread their use since they are soooo awesome)
Building and installing Chinese-motor kits for $350 and selling COMPLETE China motor powered bikes for $425 (in SOCAL Oceanside to Santa Barbara)

Have a shipment of engine coming in, will be here in a week.
Becoming a Morini distributor as well, so I'll get ya'll MB enthusiasts the BEST prices.

Working with my exhaust fabricator friend to produce economically priced pipes for the Morini's also..

And of course I'm still working on my 9.4SS design, to produce a ready to ride 50mph+ bike for under $1350.

Custom builds are welcome too!
Just revamped my shop with $1k+ worth of tools and am ready to rock!

PM me or shoot a email to [email protected]

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
MOTOVELO.US

And of course I'm still working on my 9.4SS design, to produce a ready to ride 50mph+ bike for under $1350.
MOTOVELO.US said:
Motorbikes are unique in that the state recognizes them as motor assisted bicycles, they are subject to the same rules as a regular peddle bike.

You do not need a license, registration or insurance to legally ride one on the road. See here for CA laws. (on page 3)

We do custom builds with the passion and spirit of racing. Our 9.4ss bikes can exceed 50mph.
To LEGALLY ride a motorized bicycle in CA you need a M2 endorsement on your licence
You need a license plate from the DMV
You need to wear a helmet

Motorized Bicycles are LEGALLY limited to 30mph and 2 HP

The only correct statement is that you do not need insurance

A bunch of 50mph 5 to 9 HP Morinis running around is only going to screw it up for the rest of us.

You can get away with what you say on your website but be prepared for an expensive reality check...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
sounds like a cool idea, but your statement;

"...Motorbikes are unique in that the state recognizes them as motor assisted bicycles, they are subject to the same rules as a regular peddle bike.

You do not need a license, registration or insurance to legally ride one on the road. See here for CA laws. (on page 3)..."

refers only to electric bikes (section 403b)

you need to go a little deeper into what you actually need to be legal in california or you could be setting yourself up for some big trouble...

check this thread:http://motorbicycling.com/f17/real-deal-california-law-15268.html

while some cities and counties (and some cops) may have their own interpretations of the "law," you need to know what the state of california actually considers legal.

you can also do a search for section 406a on the dmv website.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
A bunch of 50mph 5 to 9 HP Morinis running around is only going to screw it up for the rest of us.
I look at it this way, just because you can do 50mph..doesnt mean you have to. They can be geared to do 20-30mph or as fast as you want.

There are plenty of cars on the road that will go well beyond the speed limit, but that does not mean you have to speed.

There are a lot of Chinese motors on motorized bicycles in Tucson. Some of these guys drive like nuts and our grabbing the attention of City council and the local fuzz. With your statement, then we out to stop using chinese motors as well cause some are going to ruin it for everyone. No matter what engine or set up you use...there is gonna be nuts out there that use them improperly.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Oops, fixed the wording and added an easier to read link...

fair hit the nail on the head, you can gear them for 30mph and the morini's will fly up to speed.
Another aspect he stated is true also, I have a 180mph+ superbike, but have never gone that fast on it ;) Almost every car and bike is fast enough to get a ticket, so how you use things will determine if you get fines or not.

My love of racing and efficiency fuels my minimalistic designs and I'm not gonna lie, every motorcycle I've built has emphasized speed and performance. I am just going the same with MotorBikes.

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Here is a comment from another mber about your behaviour....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0bz7PbQ1LY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidyanazo
There's alot left in it... Only giving it 65-75% throttle max... Still breaking it in.

It should do 50+ but I may gear it down slightly after the clutch is run in and adjusted, for quicker acceleration and a 45mph top speed maybe. We;ll see.

I'll keep you guys posted.
I do not mean for this to sound rude or hateful ! I wasn't going to comment,,, but feel I need to . I hope you live long enough to keep us posted !! I watched your video several times & counted about 8 traffic violations along with the speeding & noise ! This will surely bring attention to the police ,,, which will eventually be the demise of motor-ASSISTED bikes in your area, & possibly ours.
Be careful , & slow down !

Oops, fixed the wording and added an easier to read link...

fair hit the nail on the head, you can gear them for 30mph and the morini's will fly up to speed.
Another aspect he stated is true also, I have a 180mph+ superbike, but have never gone that fast on it ;) Almost every car and bike is fast enough to get a ticket, so how you use things will determine if you get fines or not.

My love of racing and efficiency fuels my minimalistic designs and I'm not gonna lie, every motorcycle I've built has emphasized speed and performance. I am just going the same with MotorBikes.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Sorry if I offended anyone!
but the clutch just dosn't fully disengage until 35+mph and I'm forbidden from adjusting the engagement point for another few hundred miles!

I've taken my bike past officers- who have just looked and went about their business.
They are very friendly here, and I've specifically asked about the legalities, all three officers agreed they are no problem, just DONT ride on the sidewalk.

I ride motorcycles and lane splitting is just another technique. Legal in CA.
Hope to participate in some MB races if there are any upcoming in SoCal... Racing is always the best testbed for new machines. Working on the new drive system right now...

Keep you guys updated!

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Dude, you're effin nuts screaming around town with total disregard for traffic laws. It's only a matter of time before somebody is gonna peel you off the front of a semi and haul you away in a bucket.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
just about everyone goes a little nuts on their bikes. i'm legally registered, have an M2 license, but i ride my bike at 45+, so i'm breaking the law.

"glass houses" comes to mind when i read the other comments.

every vehicle i've ever owned, i broke the law with, be it a skateboard, car, or glorified moped.

my point was to make sure your a$$ was covered after the buyer left with your product.

bottom line is, the end user has to be responsible for his own actions. you may be selling him the gun, but he decides where he points it.

when i watched your video, i thought the same thing, that you're lookin' for a ticket, or a crash, but i'm not you. people are gona do whatever they want anyway, but as a business, you gotta CYA.

my advice? build a bike that does 50+, market is as an alternative transportation vehicle, and show a little more responsibility in your videos. quote the actual laws, add a disclaimer.

like all "racing" parts for any motor vehicle, they come with a "this product may not..." sticker.

bolting a 9hp motor to a walmart bike ain't much different than blowing nitrous outta your honda civic...

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
If they want to build a 50 mph let it be.I am shure they have a business permit in their town,a state tax number,a fed tax number,a permit to manufacture a motor vehicle so a vin number can be added.and lots of insurance.Good luck with your new business i hope you sell all you can build.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is another quality product he dose sprockets but most important for you is he makes sprocket adapters that make it so you can have rear disk brakes
KINGS SALES AND SERVICES

m_3cfdee813c2c8301ab10a40d6cb41808.jpg

Notice all the pictures I am using cause I know how visual you are

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is another product you desperately need front suspension and most important for 20 bucks you can up grade and have front disk brakes mounts Great product from VENICE MOTOR BIKES tell him I sent you here is another picture just for you.

monarkfork1.jpg

Now you should be set bike has proper mounts good brakes that will do something when you pull the levers. A rear sprocket that wont break your spokes on one side most of all you will be going 30 MPH or less NOW WE ARE TALKING no charge for the consultation Free from Blow By U Racing INC

Cheers
Terry Blow

Last edited:

Lord Helmet

Feb 2, 2010
Space
He did not endanger anybody compared to you cutting through cars. Nobody was terrorized. Well besides the back siderotfl Far as I can tell if you can just find some more examples of something hayness perhaps this sorta thing should be perfectly exceptionable? Your just a swell guy after all! Gee what was I thinking?

I don't think one can cut through traffic anywhere like you did on any motorcycle and be deemed legal...Sir...
http://motorbicycling.com/f47/9-4-hp-onboard-video-ride-19449-5.html
http://motorbicycling.com/f46/betcha-havent-seen-cooler-mb-film-19833-3.html

But whut ever.........

Last edited: