headlights...

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
So, I'm on my mobile and therefore can't provide fancy links and such,
however; I've just purchased a 400 linen flashlight plus two batteries and a smart charger
for like $15 with free shipping from China...
I've seen pictures of this mounted to handlebars, and let's just say YOU WILL HAVE NO WORRIES BEING SEEN, OR SEEING WHAT'S ON YOUR PATH!!!
...IT'S called a "CREE LED 400 LUMEN 5 MODE" flashlight, and you will also need some 18650 batteries.
Super small bulb means you could put this in WHATEVER housing you'd like, and LED means it won't get hot, or burn out quickly!
-enjoy!

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Re: hedlights...

I use a three function 3 volt LED light myself. I also have a 3 volt LED light mounted to my helmet so I can see my gauges at night.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Re: hedlights...

Yeah, but what are they, like 15-30 LUMEN?
This thing is like a searchlight in comparison, and very small.
I basically posted this for all the guys whom like to put leds in old carbide lamps, or other vintage housings where size, amount of light, heat, and powering are concerns.
And I do believe the above combo should work most excellent!
Will of coarse post pics when all is said and done...

david jeffries

May 11, 2012
pennsylvania
its all in what the individual user wants or needs. i got a single LED flashlight at wallyworld that runs on 4 AA batteries for $4.50. it is 39 lumens but has a wide reflective lens and is brighter than the 5 led bicycle headlight i was using. im very happy with it.