Ready For performance!

GoldenMotor.com

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Ok another question even though it's off topic.
I've noticed that when i have WOT near top speeds that my bike sort of bogs until i let off throttle and then i can throttle up again afterwards.
Is this caused by a too big of a main jet or is it a too much oil/fuel mixture?
Because i never had that problem until the cold fall weather came!
It only occurs at wide open throttle near full speed.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Ok another question even though it's off topic.
I've noticed that when i have WOT near top speeds that my bike sort of bogs until i let off throttle and then i can throttle up again afterwards.
Is this caused by a too big of a main jet or is it a too much oil/fuel mixture?
Because i never had that problem until the cold fall weather came!
It only occurs at wide open throttle near full speed.
now does it go......

bwwwwaaaaaaa and slow down ?

or

does it go...

brrat brrat brrat brat brrrat brat....like 4 stroking (only firing every other stroke) and slow down ????

if it goes bwwaaaaahhh and slows down and your bike gets hot if you keep trying to go faster you need a larger main jet.... your running lean and your burning up your piston when you hear the deadly bwwwaaaaah sound !!!

if its four stroking then your too rich and loosing power from not enough air and too much fuel .... no harm done but fouled plugs and stuffed up cat if you got one.... but you need a slightly smaller jet go down one size and try again.

now if the problem came sudenly and its going bwwwaaah at WOT you might want to clean your carb as your main jet might be clogged !!! for all your engine cares your main jet could be in your shirt pocket until you hit 3/4 throttle or more !!! so it could be partialy clogged and not letting enough fuel though at wide open throttle.

Last edited:

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Ok i think it's 4 stroking as if it's making a popping sound like it could backfire.
I looked at the plug and it's most likely fouled. wet and oily around the threads and the tip on the conductor is red orange!

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
The E3 won't do a damn lick of good. Those stupid things don't like behaving in any engine. If you've already got it in, either run it or get an NGK and see what happens.

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Ok i'll try that. But first i have a huge problem. I was riding my bike and somehow the engine just fell off. I guess the rear wheel locked up while the motor was pulling me and yanked the motor out the frame. Luckily i stopped and caught it with my left foot.

Anyway long story short is the engine mounting bolts snapped inside the engine. so i either need to get them extracted out or buy a new bottom end from DAX.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Ok i'll try that. But first i have a huge problem. I was riding my bike and somehow the engine just fell off. I guess the rear wheel locked up while the motor was pulling me and yanked the motor out the frame. Luckily i stopped and caught it with my left foot.

Anyway long story short is the engine mounting bolts snapped inside the engine. so i either need to get them extracted out or buy a new bottom end from DAX.
lol ... wow... go the dax bottom end ... and hey your high comp head is on the way it goes out tomorrow morning :) sorry for the wait had a medical emrgsncy with my dads breathing....

at 12:1 comp with a dax bottom end and a mild port and polish you will be amazed at your new motor !!!!!

got a dremal ???

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
if i were you i would pull the top end and check for any damage from the sudden stop of the motor, and wile its apart port and polish the jug and port match the intake and exhaust, trim your piston skirt, all wile you wait for the dax bottom end to come in the mail. when you get it you can bolt up your newly ported jug and high comp head .

you will have a sweet set up

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
I'm thinking it was the rear coaster brake wheel failing.
I'm thinking i may need to get a new bike because now my rear wheel bolt are seized and starting to strip. Cant seem to get one side off. i could try to oil it or if i can break it off somehow i don't mind buying a new wheel because i planned to replace it anyway, with a machined sprocket adapter.

i don't have a dremel yet but i can change that.
Thank you for the hi comp head. I've been doing a lot of reading about port matching and what not.

Anyway i'm looking into turning my motorized bicycle into this.

Attachments

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
OK thanks for reply. Sorry I haven't been on the forums much. Been busy with work. But I'll have a new dax bottom end coming in the mail in a week I hope and a free wheel and sprocket adapter. I think my coaster brake wheel bursted. So it will need replacing. Also I dida mild porting on the cylinder intake and exhaust. and still waiting on that hi comp head from you roger. :)

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Ok i have a list of orders i've made for my Improved motorized bicycle.

Brakes with lever.
Dax bottom end.
new carb with jets.
felt motor mount.
41t rear sprocket.
expansion chamber.
and more coming. will keep you guys updated.
Oh i also have a new bike.

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Thanks dodge dude94.
I'm gonna take my time in building and tuning on this bike. Previous bikes could have ran better but I rushed.