knoxville Tennessee Bicycle Parade 6-27-13

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Get into your pre-July Fourth patriotic mode. Don your red, white and blue. And then get on your bike.

The city of Knoxville and OneMain Financial will present a patriotic festival on Market Square, from 5:30-9 p.m., on Thursday, June 27.

Among the activities for the festival, which is being organized by the city’s Special Events Office, is a Patriotic Bike Parade through downtown.

The ride is intended for all ages, and it includes children’s entertainment and live music from 7-9 p.m.

Registration for the Bike Parade is available on site or online at the city’s website, www.cityofknoxville.org.

“We tried to do it last year on the Fourth (of July) as a fun little get-together and found out a lot of people do their neighborhood bike rides on that day, so we decided to have it on June 27,” city of Knoxville special events spokesperson Elaine Leventhal said.

At 6 p.m., judging will begin for the best-decorated bike. There will be prizes awarded in multiple categories: Family, adult, teenager, child 7-12, and child 6 and under.

To compete in the best-decorated contest, riders must be registered and at Market Square by 5:45 p.m.

The Patriotic Bike Parade will officially begin at 6:30 p.m. and will follow Gay Street to Magnolia Avenue, Magnolia to Williams, Williams to Depot Avenue, and back down Gay Street to Clinch Avenue.

The parade will finish at Market Street and Union Avenue.

Last edited:

PictureDave

Dec 22, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Oh man, just did a search on "Knoxville" and just found out I missed this. Bummer :(

I'm looking for more people in Knoxville who are motor bike enthusiasts to chat and/or ride with. It'd be nice to find people to troubleshoot problems with.

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread, btw.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Oh man, just did a search on "Knoxville" and just found out I missed this. Bummer :(

I'm looking for more people in Knoxville who are motor bike enthusiasts to chat and/or ride with. It'd be nice to find people to troubleshoot problems with.

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread, btw.
Here in Oak Ridge lots of good places to ride. Most of the streets have a 25 mph speed limit.