Got my kit today!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Hey there at around 4pm this afternoon I received my from zoombicycles! ( 2days shipping!!!). Unfortunately with all my excitement I mounted the engine, but forgot to put some rubber underneath the motor mounts. And had a couple questions; has anyone ever had any problem with the motor mounts for the over sized tube vibrating holes in the frame and/or cracking the frame? and how much clearance between is needed between the sprocket and the frame?scratg

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
first: hard-mount! ...no rubber! only causes problems right when u thought everything should b going right...
second: untill you tell anyone which frame.motor,tires, etc.-u are using, no one can answer your questions!..

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Yep we need more info. and maybe a pic.
I have a zoombicycles motor and it works great! Alas, they are no longer shipping to the U.S.

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Thanks I checked, and I had to flip my sprocket the other way. I installed the clutch cable but I am now having some difficulties putting the chain on the smaller sprocket ( I can get approximately 5-6 links on the sprocket while turning it with the clutch pulled in then the sprocket becomes "stuck") any suggestions?

Last edited:

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Stick a hex/allen key under the bottom of the sprocket and hold it as horizontal as possible. Then feed the chain in through the top. It will hold the end link against the sprocket and keep it from folding up and binding. I suppose a dab of grease on the end link might work too, but I didn't think of that till now.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Tie a piece of string to the chain to help pull it through.
-or-
Remove the spark plug and clutch cover and turn the drive gear with the spark plug tool supplied with the kit

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Tie a piece of string to the chain to help pull it through.
-or-
Remove the spark plug and clutch cover and turn the drive gear with the spark plug tool supplied with the kit
Sounds like a good idea, but the soft screws on the clutch cover are screwed and right now i cannot take them out. I got it working better, but it still gets snagged once in a while, so I will try to tighten the chain and see if that helps.