Perfect day for a ride in San Diego.....today

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It was 89 degrees in the shade today, the surf is pumping down at the beach and my old Black-n-Blue was ready to do a 23 miler to watch the surf and sunset. Nice leisurly ride through Clairemont, down through Pacific Beach and on through to Hospitals in La Jolla. Especially nice riding along the coast past the reef breaks in La Jolla. A healthy West swell 6-7ft. waves and the weather is awesome. The scenery.....yeah, the scenery O.O. ! Get to Hospitals (a beach in LJ) and lots of good people, lots of good food, excellent surf and a spectacular sunset. Headed home just after dark, up and over Mt Soledad on such a warm evening, cruising 30-35 mph with ease on my latest 4-stroke built. Here's a couple pic of surf and sunset today....

Darn near paradise.....

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes it was a fun solo ride....today on the other hand was 98 degrees and I just rode a short loop to work and back....now it's time for an oil change. Missed the sunset today but hopefully it will set again tomorrow....happy trails!dnut

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Thats awesome, San Diego is about as perfect of weather as Ive ever seen lately. What route are you taking to get that far south?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As the crow flies, this beach is 5 miles directly west from my house ....this day I rode down through PB, then up to LJ. Other times I'll go up and around through UC, then down into LJ. I can get there in a half an hour on my bike.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice waves. Surfed La Jolla many times. Used to make the So Cal trip from Nor Cal all the time just to hit all the best spots. We would start in Santa Barbara and take Highway 1 all the way south through San Diego. Made the drive through L.A. at night to avoid the traffic. I need a good surf trip! Thanks for sharing.