Parts/item list

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking around a bit on here as well as on the net for information on building a Track Board Racer. So far it looks like there are "some" standard parts while others are still custom.

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a sort of standards list of things that fit together for a nice build? I see that there are some that use the Workman frame and a tank that can be found over at pirate cycles. Are there other more or less standards?

I did see that the majority of the Workman frames have to be customized etc.. Is there someone that sells those already customized?

In the mean time I did see where Crazy Horse proposed the idea of a completed (less motor) racer which I would be interested in for sure but would like it sent as a kit as that seems to be one of the best parts of the hobby (the build).

Any help appreciated!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking around a bit on here as well as on the net for information on building a Track Board Racer. So far it looks like there are "some" standard parts while others are still custom.

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a sort of standards list of things that fit together for a nice build? I see that there are some that use the Workman frame and a tank that can be found over at pirate cycles. Are there other more or less standards?

I did see that the majority of the Workman frames have to be customized etc.. Is there someone that sells those already customized?

In the mean time I did see where Crazy Horse proposed the idea of a completed (less motor) racer which I would be interested in for sure but would like it sent as a kit as that seems to be one of the best parts of the hobby (the build).

Any help appreciated!
darkhawk, Two guy's you can't go wrong with in your quest for a vintage / tribute styled 1910-1920's Era Road Cruiser or Board Track Racer style build are Forum Members:

Sportscarpat, & cinelliphyle aka Rick Gilmore, just private message them here in the forum.

Peace Crazy Horse!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You can also e-mail or PM Sportscarpat hes a member here he has a Sportsman Flyer kit that is pretty sweet you can al-a-carte some extra stuff also. Use the forum search for Whitey Flyer to get a look at it. Ive priced and shopped around and it appears the most affordable way to go for something high quality.

Cheers

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have leaked a few photos so here is another one. I promise to start a build thread soon. Here is my latest offering which I call the "Sportsman Flyer Deluxe". Basically a standard Flyer with drop loop and weld-in motor mounts. This one has my boardie bars, but could easily be a cruiser with different bars and fenders. If the frame passes through my shop it now gets a build certificate and serial number. This is a baby loop designed around the China two stroke. The 4" stretch and loop is in the works now and has a much larger loop to it.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Thanks Crazy Horse, I've email Rick and haven't heard anything from him yet. I'll try and contact Sportscarpat next.
I have leaked a few photos so here is another one. I promise to start a build thread soon. Here is my latest offering which I call the "Sportsman Flyer Deluxe". Basically a standard Flyer with drop loop and weld-in motor mounts. This one has my boardie bars, but could easily be a cruiser with different bars and fenders. If the frame passes through my shop it now gets a build certificate and serial number. This is a baby loop designed around the China two stroke. The 4" stretch and loop is in the works now and has a much larger loop to it.
darkhawk, Like I said you can't go wrong with either of the ( 2 ) Forum members ie Sportscarpat or Rick Gilmore. here's Rick's phone number below:

The Original Artist who first designed the Period Correct Worksman Tribute Board Track Racer's & Road Cruiser's is Rick Gilmore.

You can reach him at his website at VROOMART.COM or Private Message him here thru the forum.

Here is Rick's phone number he's in Seattle, Washington...1-253-826-0252, he doesn't mind calls directly.
Email: [email protected]

darkhawk, I'm sure Pat has some Indian Torpedo/Cylinder Style gas tanks in the works, that'll work for an Indian Style Road Cruiser or Indian Style Board Track Racer Tribute Build!

Like I said both guy's are Amazing Artists, you'll have a work of Art from either of them!

FYI,
Sportscarpat's builds are all steel which is something to consider, whereas Cinelliphyle aka Rick Gilmore's are a lil different in that Ricks Gas Tanks are Fiberglass.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Smokey1981

Jul 9, 2010
kansas city

That is some awesome work sportscarpat, did that guy in australia get his outta customs?