Boardtracker saddle

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Can any-one lead Me to a boardtracker type seat? I am looking for one in black???
Cheers
Chainmaker

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I think just about any vintage sprung saddle or a Brooks type seat would look fine? Oddly, a vintage saddle would prolly be far cheaper than a Brooks... if ya can dig one up lol

Brooks B17 Standard Saddle, I think it's the base model @ "only" $70ish heh;

If yer lookin' to save a few bucks, check Google Product Search with some keywords like "vintage style bicycle saddle" - there's some neat stuff :)

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thats it.. Pretty Sweet !!! Sent a message to SportsCarpat about his layback post (if hes still making em) for it. Its super dark brown pretty close to black.
Cheers
Chainmaker

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
just wondering the tilt/lean on your layback seat post? Is there a photo up I can look at?

Thanks!
Typical seat post/frame tube angle is around 23 degrees back from the vertical, then from there I run the layback part horizontal. This gives a 113 degree between the two sections of the seat post. I can make different angles as well, just let me know what you need. Here is a picture.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
with one of those "hairpin" seats like the one pictured above, the springs and rails will get in the way of the vertical post, so it'll limit the amount of "laid-backness" you'll get out of it.

i had the same type of seat on my copper bike, and i think i could only get about 3" back from normal, maybe less.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i found a pic to explain:

i like to run my seat clamps turned upside down so they don't show as much, so if you ran it normal it'd give you a little more room.

or if Pat welded up a pipe that was closer to a 45 (dunno the exact angle, you could figure it out when you get the seat) then the vertical post would be underneath the rails more.

or maybe a "Z" shape?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I am going to wait until I get the seat and see how it fits Me and the bike.Before I decide on the post
Cheers
Chainmaker

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Here is the intended victim..just waiting for the springer forks to come back,MM mount, and a couple other parts. I was going to use it as a daily but I think Im going to sell it, to fund a Vintage Panther or a Worksman.
Cheers
Chainmaker
[/IMG]

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The New seat came today here's how it looks. Going to go with a 3 1/2 in lay-back post.
[/IMG]

Cheers
Chainmaker