Engine

GoldenMotor.com

neds1967

Jul 27, 2012
canada
Good day to all I have an older 80 cc engine it is a black color last weekend ran fine. Know when I pedel it wants to go but does not turn over and has little spark please help thank you:-||

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Could be a couple things going on....

1) Did you leave the fuel valve on while parked? Sometimes (depending on the motor and carb tuning) when parked fuel can leak through the carb into the cylinder and flood the he!! out of the motor causing it not to start or even vapor lock.

2) Your carb could be set very rich and the flooding could be slowly happening while you ride.

I am leaning toward the flooding scenarios because you mentioned the dripping from your exhaust. Best thing to do is pull the spark plug and see what is going on there. Make sure its not fouled, clean or replace it. Before you reinstall the plug roll the bike around a bit with the clutch out so the motor turns over a few times, this will force out any flooded situation from the head. (Make sure there is no spark or flame around that could ignite fuel coming out of the spark plug hole)

Hopefully after cleaning the plug and flushing the cylinder your motor will start, if it does then I would give it a good ride and get it really hot and hopefully burn out the crap that is in your muffler.

If your problem was not caused by leaving the fuel valve open when parked then you should probably investigate what has caused your flooding situation. Might be some debris sticking your needle valve open, or you may need to do a float adjustment to lower the fuel level in your bowl a bit, or maybe the carb is just tuned super rich?

It is also possible to clog up your exhaust which can make your motor not want to run. If that is the case then you might disassemble the muffler and clean it out, or even pull it off the bike and roast it in a bonfire for a while to burn out the crap inside it. Or just try another muffler....