my motorized bike wont start!!!

GoldenMotor.com

The_Paper_Boy

May 2, 2011
CA
so this week i uncovered my old motorized bike to run it knowing it might not start because i have not taken it for a ride for about a month and when i tried to start it, it wouldn't so what i did was i first checked the spark plug which i knew that it needed replacing because it still had the same one that the kit came with, then i checked the ignition coil which was really beat up so i bought a new one too and with that i also bought a new kill switch because the rain got to my old one so it wouldn't work

now i have put the new ignition coil on along with the new spark plug and kill switch and made sure all the wires were put together right (black to black - blue to blue - and the white wire to the red and yellow wire. that was how it was when it worked but even now it still wont start :-||

need help please

if you need any pictures of the bike please ask

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
This is proper wiring of a stock motor. The instruction manual, well, it lies to you. Disregard what your manual says about the wiring pattern.

:::::WIRING GUIDE :::::

Okay, first we will take note of our wires.

NOTE: Different brands tend to use different colors for some wires, so use the process of elimination to determine what color a wire is if it is not stated here.

*Kill Switch Wires : Green Wire & Red/Yellow Wire.
*Engine Wires : Blue Wire & Black Wire & White Wire.
*CDI Wires: Blue Wire & Black Wire.
*Other Stuff: Wire Cap

Now that you know what wires you have, it's time to connect them.

1. Engine's Blue Wire to CDI's Blue Wire.
2. Engine's Black Wire to CDI's Black Wire.
3. Kill Switch's Green Wire to Engine's & CDI's Black Wire.
4. Kill Switch's Red/Yellow Wire to Engine's & CDI's Blue Wire.
5. Engine's White Wire to Wire Cap.

Go ahead and fire up your bike real quick so you can test your brand new fully functional kill switch!

I don't know why the instruction manuals tell you to connect the white wire from the engine into the circuit. That's the ~7V live wire intended to be used by extra bike devices, like lights and such and such. When that white wire is in the circuit, the kill switch will not be able to stop the motor.