Disc brake adapters for springer forks

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a pic of my new disc brake adapters for Schwinn style springer forks.
They're made of mirror polished stainless steel, & sell for $20. each + shipping.
These are for use with 160 size rotors.

My new Monark adapters are also made of polished stainless steel!! (Pic soon)

*edit* I also sell everything pictured (fork, hub, rotor, caliper & adapter) for $180.

Email or PM me if interested... [email protected]

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Now that's a nice adapter....and at a reasonable price. Now if you could come up with an adapter for the disc, that mounts to a standard type front hub...and for a reasonable price...

I don't ask for much now do I?laff

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Now that's a nice adapter....and at a reasonable price. Now if you could come up with an adapter for the disc, that mounts to a standard type front hub...and for a reasonable price...

I don't ask for much now do I?laff
Miniature hub adapter. :D

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah, but does anyone manufacture one now with the ISO 6-bolt disc configuration yet? I've fabricated my own mind you...just for me. I've used 6061 T-6, but stainless steel is sweet with high polish...bling*.

Last edited:

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
I'm calling you tomorrow to order the complete set up, what's a good time to reach you guys and how long will it take to ship.

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
Are adapters available for the hub or am I looking at getting your hub re-laced to my wheel?

Probably already know the answer to this question! Guess I know what I'm doing Sunday afternoon!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Are adapters available for the hub or am I looking at getting your hub re-laced to my wheel?

Probably already know the answer to this question! Guess I know what I'm doing Sunday afternoon!

I don't know of any adapters that allow you to bolt a disc to a standard hub. Until we find one, you'll need a disc hub laced into your wheel. (But disc brakes are sooooo worth it!) (^)

Jerrycurljuice

Apr 29, 2014
Germany
I have to say that this product looks great and i believe the craftsmanship is equally as good as others have already stated.. However i am highly disappointed in the fact that this company does not support the United States Armed Forces members stationed abroad. Military members overseas have American addresses from the US postal service that are made specifically for the few who do not have the privilege to protect and serve and home. Upon trying to check out my simple small order of just this part, i had issues so i figured i would give them a call. The customer service was zero help at all and repeatedly said how they "will not ship overseas". Technically anything shipped to US soil from US soil regardless how far or where is still covered under the USPS service terms and Paypal if in fact an item would become lost. But thank you for making this decision now for me very easy. .flg.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have to say that this product looks great and i believe the craftsmanship is equally as good as others have already stated.. However i am highly disappointed in the fact that this company does not support the United States Armed Forces members stationed abroad. Military members overseas have American addresses from the US postal service that are made specifically for the few who do not have the privilege to protect and serve and home. Upon trying to check out my simple small order of just this part, i had issues so i figured i would give them a call. The customer service was zero help at all and repeatedly said how they "will not ship overseas". Technically anything shipped to US soil from US soil regardless how far or where is still covered under the USPS service terms and Paypal if in fact an item would become lost. But thank you for making this decision now for me very easy. .flg.

I think it's highly unfair for you to post on here accusing me (& my company)of being against our military forces!!

You called me today because you were having trouble placing a order for one of my disc brake plates; we figured out that you couldn't place the order because my website is set up not to accept overseas orders, (& it was recognizing your overseas military base as a foreign address).

You kept arguing with me that your address is tecnically a US address (& not a foreign address), but that still doesn't change the fact that my website won't allow you to order using that address, (& it will cost me $40 to have my website designer make the changes just for your one $25 order)! :(

I offered you a very simple solution to your problem by suggesting that you place the order using a family members address & have them send it to you. (Your caller ID showed a California area code).... But that wasn't good enough for you... instead you chose to post on a major forum unfairly accusing me of being a anti-American military hater! :(

Jerrycurljuice

Apr 29, 2014
Germany
Although i would love to agree with you with your statement about me
"arguing with [you] that [my] address is technically a US address (& not a foreign address)" and how it "still doesn't change the fact that [your] website won't allow [me] to order using that address, (& it will cost [you] $40 to have [your] website designer make the changes just for [my] one $25 order)" maybe it is time for a change for the better. Sadly that is not what you told me. You "argued" with me telling me repeatedly how if a parcel becomes lost internationally (which it obviously in my case is not) it wont be insured and how you would lose money from lost packages. i am 100% certain now and then that you and i both can agree on that you already knew this but did not want to attempt to go the extra mile which is fine. You company, your rules.. But if this all stems from and is about a sincere $40 for a web designer to adjust a known issue than how about telling me that from start. Selling something over the phone or through a special paypal statement doesn't involve your webpage sorry.. Not to mention in a already small community not a difficult task to do to keep the hobby and its enthusiast more relevant. Additionally if its only about $40 for a web designer to adjust your webpage to prevent this from every happening to any other service member, lets fix this.. I have a funny feeling that would help you and your colleagues sell more items to another demographic of people. Lastly being where i am geographically, i use a VOIP device to call to the states hence for the number you may have recognized similar to your area or state. Your suggestion about sending something purchased from your store several times is ludicrous and in my opinion a poor business practice especially after we were already talking on the phone and could have figured out a more intelligent way of making business. I would hate to think that you were suggesting that i am accusing you as a "anti-American Military hater" but i have to be fair and call things as i see them. If you need help with your website or about the APO FPO system i am willing to assist. If its about $40 i am sure we can accomodate and fix this.

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
JerryC- Thank you for your service. But his was uncalled for, unfair, and an unjust attack.
I would hate to think that you were suggesting that i am accusing you as a "anti-American Military hater" but i have to be fair and call things as i see them.

The fact that you're in the military has nothing to do with the problem with his website processing your order and to then call him out in public and painting this as unsupportive of the miltary is unfair use of the patriot card and beneath the dignity of a U.S. soldier. When you do things like that it's a disservice to others serving.