The Russian engines D-4,D-5,D-6,D-8. History.

GoldenMotor.com

M.Negiry

Nov 25, 2018
Hello, I am looking for help
I want to build a moped bike with An engine looking same as in picture which I got from russia
I need some auxilliary parts like chain and rear sproket
Can I find manual and spare parts online?
Thanks

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Hello, I am looking for help
I want to build a moped bike with An engine looking same as in picture which I got from russia
I need some auxilliary parts like chain and rear sproket
Can I find manual and spare parts online?
Thanks
I suggest sendng a message to Dagger who started the post. He's probably best placed for Russian spares information. Most D- type motors used these days will actually be the Chinee derivatives.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
ok anyone have a link to the manual for this engine ????? i need to know the cc's yes i bought the one on Grubees site for $1000 but didnt pay that exactly LOLOL check out my bikes at https://www.facebook.com/DRBS-motorized-bikes-218344788758332/
You just asked for the manual 3 times. lolz
32cc?????? lol

The D-4 was the first to go into production in Russia in 1957, I think(the year).

Maybe the engineer that it 18 years designed earlier in 1939 had some D-1, D-2 and D-3 as prototypes.

The D4, 5 , 6 and 8 were all 48cc's.
It was a law in the USSR back then, that a bicycle's engine could be up to 50 cc's and have up to one HP.

Nobody would make them bigger and I don't see any reason for anyone to have even made any custom "mini" models, lol. 48cc's is about as weak as can be used. Lol,

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I have a mig-21 I have had laying here in a box for a few years. This thread has sparked my interest and I may have to dig it out and try it sometime. Have been curious to how it compared in power to a 66cc China girl, but have never mounted it to find out. It definately appears to be much better machined then any of the 20 China girls I have owned.

Reactions: Bruce Hogan

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Loved this thread! Innovative craftsmanship, multinational participation and the real history of the Chinese bicycle engine. Thoroughly enjoyable. Many decry the China Girl but I was relatively pleased with the 3 or 4 that I built. So were the buyers of those bikes. I think a lot of it is care and proper maintenance.

Reactions: FOG

W.E.Coyote

Jul 10, 2020
Virginia
Hi all, New here.
I just picked up this sweet ride and am in the process of researching it. The engine is a KO with serial #00030. The bicycle is a females Monark Rocket (modified) that appears to be from the 50's. I haven't gotten to the bikes serial number yet as it has been painted over.
If anyone has any information on which series engine this is and year of make I would be very appreciated for the information.
Thanks, Tom

Attachments

W.E.Coyote

Jul 10, 2020
Virginia
Hi all, New here.
I just picked up this sweet ride and am in the process of researching it. The engine is a KO with serial #00030. The bicycle is a females Monark Rocket (modified) that appears to be from the 50's. I haven't gotten to the bikes serial number yet as it has been painted over.
If anyone has any information on which series engine this is and year of make I would be very appreciated for the information.
Thanks, Tom
Update, I got enough paint off the bike tag to read the serial number. From what I have read it is a 1950 built bicycle.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I have a 1953 Monark Super Deluxe that I restored. If I remember correctly the springer front ends were used from 1951 until 1955 on some of the Monark models. Boys models had two springs and the girls models had one.

There is a good reason that the surviving bikes are mostly girls models. They were much kinder and gentler to them.

Reactions: W.E.Coyote