Wide front motor mount motor

GoldenMotor.com

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
Hey everybody, does anyone know where I can buy a new Chinese HT motor with the wide front motor mount? Thanks in advance!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Besides the wider mount it also has bigger stronger mount studs, head studs and a balanced crank, plus Allen bolts on all engine covers. Best base engine available right now.
Zip

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Call em and ask them, i predict you won't save much though, I'd rather have the spare junk.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, never bought just parts there since as a repair shop, I always need the spare parts on the shelf - wouldn't hurt to ask them

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
Can you tell me if the front motor mount tapped holes are 2'' apart center? Also will the saddle cut out fit around a 1-1/2'' down tube? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure before I buy. Thanks again.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yea it's about 2 inches apart on stud centers. Or a 1-1/2" plus between front mount studs or 38- 39 mm between studs. Hard for me to measure exact as all my engines are currently mounted. Your best bet is to ask the company you are going to buy from.

Will fit a Rear seat tube of 33 mm which is very standard

Zip

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
front opening is 40mm - studs are something metric just a tad less than 2" - rear studs are similar (8mm studs) - flat plate for front has u-bolt that can be spread a good bit wider than 2" and still fit the plate

I have hogged out the front mount on a motor a bit to fit over-sized frames - not hard if needed, but my converter says 40mm is 1.57 inch

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
Thanks Crassius, for taking the time to get those measurements for me. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again , very much appreciated.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks Zip Tie
Your very welcome DRK. Notice how I was under one MM as I couldn't see the stud bottoms and wanted to play it safe and not have ya gunning for me. Heehee
Crassius rocks and comes though as always!

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
I'm getting them from umoto - their PKboom only comes in silver tho, but I paint them blak myself when needed.

http://shop.umotobikes.com/products/pk-boom-tm-66-slash-80cc-hyperpower-2-stroke-bicycle-motor-kit
Hey Crassius, It says they are out of stock. I sent them an email asking if they would be getting anymore in 3 days ago and still haven't gotten a response ( in my opinion, it's not good for business to not answer someone's email). Any other GOOD places to buy this engine? Thanks in advance.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not sure - I deal with their parent factory in china - kits should be here in US in next few days

DRK

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois
not sure - I deal with their parent factory in china - kits should be here in US in next few days
I'm guessing the kits didn't arrive yet since they are still listed as OUT OF STOCK on u-moto site. Was wondering if you had one of these kits you could sell me, (or just the motor,intake & carb) since I don't need all the other stuff? Thanks.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sorry, I only sell out of my shop - adding hours of packing & shipping & finding a way to get paid is just too much for a guy my age

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What bike are you putting the engine in?
You don't need to buy an engine based on it's front mount size, that can be easily adapted to fit any frame with ease.