Ludwig goes forth

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm off for a few days. There will be some guitar played at the Dereham Blues Festival, near Norwich, UK.

Alcohol may be involved.

Reactions: Russell

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
You a musician? Drummer here... have a 90s pearl set with a '67 Ludwig Acrolite snare drum. That thing is LOUD!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Wednesday morning sees me heading off to Gasgow, about 260 miles there, to pick up a Motobecane 7 for the engine and other bits for the Genuine Fake Vintage bike. Back Friday evening. In between, there will be alcohol and, hopefully, guitars at open mics.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Sounds to me like you're having enough fun for three guys, Lud. I like the blues and play some geetar as well. I'm just starting to work in the harmonica at the same time. It's coming along ok as I'm a drummer as well so I've got a bit of that natural skeetzo brain thing.

be careful in Glasgow, I hear it's full of Scotsmen.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Glasgow is rather wonderful, I enjoyed my time there, I think it would be nice to find somewhere I can take my wife and dog with me.

The drive back was a bit dire, torrential rain for 3/4 hr around the border area, 300 miles isn't much by US standards, but the motorway was stop/start/trundle slowly from Preston to Stoke.

I now have the bits to propel the Raleigh bicycle with, depending on She herself's plans, I will arrange more work in the near future.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
A "Music Legend" now has new parts for his motorbike! Hope you got some more video of performances to share with us Lud.

Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I jammed with a bunch of 20yr old folk players on the Wednesday, it does you good to find new channels for the music.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
From midday tomorrow, UK, I'm away in Swanage for a week of musical hooliganism. Americans, Canadians, keep your eyes open for the rugby.

Thursday, France v Canada, Tuesday 6th, Canada v Romania (Canada probably winning. Perhaps.) Weds 7th, USA v South Africa and that one could be a surprise if USA hold it all together.

After that, I'm back.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Back, happy, slightly stunned at the continuing and increasing success of the busking I started up. We're now an established part of the festival, people bring their hangovers to see us.

I was given a genuine original Trace Elliott 40w Tramp amplifier as well, I've been trying it out this evening, and it's extremely versatile as well as being a manageable size and weight.

Last edited:

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Congrats on your success! At this point I'm caught off-guard when a young person engages in conversation or asks my opinion on something. Keep it up old fella and enjoy the notoriety.

Dan

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Lookin' good Lud. I don't think I could pull off that great look, but I'm slated to get a new suit (my last) for my daughter's upcoming wedding. Maybe I'll post a photo of that after the event in November. Should be interesting.

Dan