Snork

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I make an offset manifold I charge $30.00 for them If you have the steel intake I can modify it for $15.00 but it will not be chrome anymore due to welding. I'll be away for the next couple of weeks so if your enterested PM me.
Norman

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan

Removed the governor. Built a really cool and elaborate throttle with great/perfect back tension. It had a pulley wheel guide. It was perfect and looked cool. I finished every thing today and carried the point beach/honda/grubee up from the celler. So dang proud of my self. Then I grabbed the pull cord and had that old fimaliure thought and feeling. "What if it won't start" Imeaditaly followed by; "what if it does" Snork.

It roared to life on the first pull. Then just went full bore. Smoke came from the gear box and the rear tire spun madly. I quickly shut it down. I turned the idle screw down and fired her back up. Same thing.....

Go look up the carb in the manual. Nuton. Look all over the carb and feel with my hands looking for some mechinisum to slow it down. Nuton.

Carol is looking on with great pity and concern and offers to hold the bike while I try to start it again. As I bend to give her a yank (the bike, not Carol), it dawned on me. I fire her up and twist the throttle. She calms right down. My Beautiful and awesome throttle assembly is bassackwards.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dan,
"The throttle was hooked up basackwards"

I'm more than a little concerned now because you have plans to build a flying bike. If that concept materializes keep this in mind.
"To make a left turn, the left aileron goes up, the right one goes down..."
Tom

Last edited:

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
fruitation
Tom
1. fruitation

When an idea ripens like fruit. It's what stupid people use for the word fruition.

Fresh fruit, stinky rotten fruit, any kind of fruit for any kind of idea or plan.

You've got to picture the blossoming flower then the growth of the fruit depending on the idea or plan it represents.

I love it when a plan comes to fruitation.

here is the link. Great word 2Door
Urban Dictionary: fruitation

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
a plenum chamber is intended to contain air gas or liquid at a positive pressure. the manifold is the plenum. larger plenum area just means that more of the air/fuel mixture is available to the engine, dont know if it is that beneficial on a 2 sroke single cylender. but on large two strokes such as a detroit deisel they have massive plenums/intakes. this helps eliminate scavenging between cylinders. that is why high performance engines have high rise manifolds.make sense?frank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
1. fruitation

When an idea ripens like fruit. It's what stupid people use for the word fruition.

Fresh fruit, stinky rotten fruit, any kind of fruit for any kind of idea or plan.

You've got to picture the blossoming flower then the growth of the fruit depending on the idea or plan it represents.

I love it when a plan comes to fruitation.

here is the link. Great word 2Door
Urban Dictionary: fruitation
Got me back for all the "Monkey" jokes, didn't you? So, I fixed it :)
Tom

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
a plenum chamber is intended to contain air gas or liquid at a positive pressure. the manifold is the plenum. larger plenum area just means that more of the air/fuel mixture is available to the engine, dont know if it is that beneficial on a 2 sroke single cylender. but on large two strokes such as a detroit deisel they have massive plenums/intakes. this helps eliminate scavenging between cylinders. that is why high performance engines have high rise manifolds.make sense?frank
Very Cool Frank. Yes, sure does, thanks.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan,
"The throttle was hooked up basackwards"

I'm more than a little concerned now because you have plans to build a flying bike. If that concept materializes keep this in mind.
"To make a left turn, the left aileron goes up, the right one goes down..."
Tom
My left or your right?

(hehe buddy, what leads you to believe it will not come to fruiton?)

laff

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Re: Loss of power when I turn off engine.

I need help!
Every time I turn off the engine, or shortly after I close the fuel cock.
I has even happened a couple of times when I ran out of gas.
My engine seems to loose power.

Any Ideas?