Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear, this was a rough winter here. Didn't have to mow the lawn in January and still haven't mowed the lawn yet. I miss those first days as Spring becomes apparent when the visible signs of the snow receding happens. Road side snow banks disappear and shrink away exposing more roadside and then the first strips of roadside grass starts to get greener as the days lengthen.

The green miracles start happening in the forest as the final snow disappears into the ground and more birds are seen starting with the robins which two were seen a couple of days ago.

We live in the garden belt of B.C. Our largest snow fall is on,

Mt. Fidelity in Glacier National Park. Located on our Eastern border. It's 45 feet-1388cm.

Twenty five miles north of us on Vancouver's northern border are two ski areas.

Hollyburn Ridge which is a cross country skiing and hiking area. Snow level is 22 feet-646cm

Grouse Mountain, a ski resort and hiking area. Snow level is 28 feet-869cm

Lower Mainland or us, 17inches- 45cm.

Some winters we get no snow but 10 miles inland they get snow in measurable amounts.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Curt, your property is a show place. If it was with in 100 miles of Vancouver North or East and on a lake it would sell for over a million dollars and if on the ocean or one of the islands off the coast probably two or three times that to start.

Vancouver is the most expensive city to live in in the world and the much of B.C. isn't far behind.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Ya I know, it's the location. I did have 6.5 acres on the lake, the bridge crosses a creak. the only way across was on hwy. or down by the lake, there was a culvert/roadway. When I was working and on trash duty 2 trips to the dump, and brought home bed rails when I found them ( you won't believe ow many different kinds of bed rail there are ) So mine is a poor mans bridge, built a 30 ft. long table in my drive, X truss side walls then floor and top. put axle under and took it up to lake. I added the wood after, that alone is what helped sell the place. It is only 7ft. wide, just right for mower and 4 wheelers.........Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Curt,
Your cabin looks more like a year round house to my eye and the covered bridge is really nice. It must have been hard to let it go after putting so much of yourself into it. I also know from my own experience that having a lake cabin requires a lot of ongoing attention and time. And up in my neck of the woods taxes are a killer. Every fall everything needs to get put to bed, water lines blown out and dock pulled and then come spring thaw do it all again in reverse. Lots of work, but I'm sure that a lot of great family memories were made there and there's no price on that. Well done, sir!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
It was well insulated 6" walls, but was small 1 bed room, rest was one open room, with a loft over the top of one end. 14 x 38 if I remember right. It got to be all work and no play, intension was to live in it while I built a house there, just across the bridge., was a big open spot. To live the and do all the work would to be bad, but having 2 places makes it tough, and costly. It turned out for the best in the long run, I do have a nice corner lot in town, big garage and shed, with fence to hid the bikes. LOL.......Curt

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Today.....Unleaded @ UK£1.51 per litre. Diesel @ UK£1.55 per litre.
March of 2006 I purchased a 2002 Chevy 2500 Duramax and at the time diesel was cheaper than petrol. And then some clever person started figured out there is more energy in diesel than petrol, and ever since I pay more.
I don't ***** because diesel makes more power. No spark plugs. Kinda dicey starts in - zero weather.
As far as the conflict in Ukraine goes? I donated $100 to UNICEF because they take PayPal.
If I could find a secure site to fund 7.62x39 ammo to Zelensky I would. Things could get a heluva lot worse quick.

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I posted this on the Epic Electric Tri Car thread first. I'm making two sets of these brackets for the headlights. One for the Indian Tri Car and another set for the Epic. Here are the photos of the brackets being built. The black part of the bracket is one of four shelf brackets I purchased from a seller on Amazon.

I added 1-1/2"x1/8" strap steel to the top and side to give a better mounting area. Riveted the steel to the shelf bracket through the holes to mount the shelf bracket to the wall.

Photos continued below the first ones.

Steve.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you. The lights look good on the tri car. Once again, Thank you, Pete for the tip on where to get them. Just fill in work until we get a break in the weather and I can get into more work on the Epic. Hope to get out to the paint supply, metal supply and the plywood supply, Wednesday.

Paint and body supply is about a 1/4 mile from the metal warehouse and then it's a stop in for the plywood for the Epic's delivery box on the way home.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Art wasn't buying into the plan. Right leg feels like something tried to rip it loose from my hip. Applied to a higher power but won't hear back from the chiropractor until Tuesday if they have an early opening because it's a long week end here. Queen Victoria's Birthday

The Queen, God bless her.

Really happy she wasn't born in January.

Steve.