Help!! Starter leaking

GoldenMotor.com

Hpacordeon

Apr 4, 2017
Norwalk ca
Help!! Spark plug leaking

My spark plug is leaking i took it out yesterday and put it back on but now its leaking black stuff

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: Help!! Starter leeking

Hello Hpacordeon welcome to the forum.

We are going to need a little more info? What type of motor are you speaking of? Is this a motorized bicycle or a moped/scooter?

None of the kit motors have a starter and I have not meet anyone as of yet with a 4-stroke that's electric start.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Leaking spark plug is easy fix. Maybe when you removed the plug you lost the crushable washer. Or possibly you over tightened the plug and the washer is leaking. If you have the stock spark plug then this is a good time to get an NGK or other proper plug and torque it down to specified number. Sorry, I don't know exactly what that is but it's easy to look up.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You boys are behind the times. I think these have been available for almost a year now. But you are correct, more info is needed.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/E-STORM-BT80-Complete-80cc-Electric-Start-Engine-Kit.html
You are correct, have not purchased a kit in almost a decade and I admit I may be a little behind but I'll catch up. Thanks for the link and correction.

Hpacordeon sometimes the machining is not correct on the mating surface for the spark plug. I've had a few I had to go in with a dremel to get a nice seal with the spark plug.

How tight are you tightening the plug? It is possible the spark plug washer has been crushed and needs to be replaced as Chaz has already suggested.

I would try a new plug or replace the washer and see if that does not take care of the problem.