SFeland's Recumbent Conversion

GoldenMotor.com

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
OK I am just going to post a couple of fotos for SFeland today. We will upload some online and do a proper post with comments and all later. This was once a fabulous GEBE with a Dave's Motors 4.2 HP motor bumped up to about 5 HP as a commuter for DetonatorTuningSolutions. SFeland has bought the GEBE kit partd from Detonator and then is trying to rig it to work on a recumbent with a longer belt and a 3 HP 80 cc motor that started live as a power washer at Pep Boys. This all goes on a used infinity recumbent he has ridden for some time. A pro welder is doing the rebuild of the frame and mounting stuff, which looks awesome to me.

Last edited:

badjester

Aug 31, 2008
seattle area
That had aught to be something when he gets er done. Maybe the length of the bike will help with the rocking action while riding. How about hooking up a "sick bike parts" style gear kit to that baby? How many gears is that? Man that thing would turn like a bus and probably have more gears, but, when your riding on the freeway... pretty slick.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Scot rode in today with his new bike and told me he did up to 32 mph on his 16 mile commute. The bike looks very impressive. I am eager to see if this GEBE drive ring system holds up for him. Reguardless he can change that to a whizzer or any other drive system. The bike is clean and really well thought out and executed.

Actually I think he will not use a shift kit as he wants to pedal assist the motor as needed. Scot can really motor and the shift kit does not allow the pedal assist excetp at slow rpm. Well it allows assist up to as fast as you can pedal. There is a point fairly early on that the motor is moving the cranks faster than you can move your legs. Using his regular gears he can add 13 mph to the motors current speed, as he said he has ridden the recumbent without a motor at 45 mph.

Attachments

Last edited: