2016 California Races

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Are you racing on sat April 2nd at Grange?

Best to arrive and practice on Friday 1st then camp over.
I've been wanting to go for several years but every time something comes up to prevent me from going. I've got a friend who wants to go too but neither of us has a helmet with face guard. I might be able to borrow one from another friend but I don't know for sure. Maybe we each can buy one before the 2nd. Is it still possible to rent or borrow one at the track? We are not going if we can't race. Okay, just to be clear, the first picture that I posted of the black helmet has no face shield so it isn't acceptable but the 2nd picture that I posed (the motocross one for $35) is good enough even though it has no plexiglass, or are both unacceptable? Also, I don't know about my bike, it's not really a racing bike, i mean, it only tops out at about 35mph and currently has off road tires on it, not the greatest for a track like that, but I still think it would be really fun just to ride the track. I've never been in a race before, except a running race, haha, so I'm a total newbie racer. My bike has a China girl 66cc/80cc with stock head, SBP expansion pipe with a RT Carb and my friend's bike has the same. If we do go we will be arriving on Friday but probably too late for the practice because my friend has to work that day and it's at least a 3 hour drive to get there. If he can get the day off or get off early we might be able to make part of the practice, we will certainly try. We will arrive and sleep in my RV and leave Saturday after the race. All I need are a couple of helmets.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've been wanting to go for several years but every time something comes up to prevent me from going. I've got a friend who wants to go too but neither of us has a helmet with face guard. I might be able to borrow one from another friend but I don't know for sure. Maybe we each can buy one before the 2nd. Is it still possible to rent or borrow one at the track? We are not going if we can't race. , .
No problem, Jim Granger has full face helmets for his go kart rentals
and you can use one for free if you leave your drivers license as security.

What size do you wear?

The helmets have to have a chin bar, the sheild for eye protection is
not a big deal as most racers wear sun glasses.

We even allow flip up chin bar type helmets.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I have one of these in a black flame Med
I replaced the plastic visor screws with metal 6mm thread pan heads.
Even came with crappy motocross goggles.

Only Large at $38

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMS-Flat-Ma...m5d60b3735f:m:m6mBAuevB5YHO5xAXrdHaRg&vxp=mtr

All sizes at $35 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Flame-...hash=item58d443c1f4:m:mmIVa7KjaAmm9muHlWpFcdQ

All sizes at $37 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Flame-...hash=item53f81261ac:m:mxGTmejz-3XKcSe-fpNB54A

$34 street style full face.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLACK-C...m2a3c9e00d8:m:mgQ7GXQBof_hheGVhNKeX2g&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
No problem, Jim Granger has full face helmets for his go kart rentals
and you can use one for free if you leave your drivers license as security.

What size do you wear?

The helmets have to have a chin bar, the sheild for eye protection is
not a big deal as most racers wear sun glasses.

We even allow flip up chin bar type helmets.
Oh, that's sweet! I would need an adult large or X-large, my friend would need a medium I think. As long as we get to ride, I really don't care if it's a little tight, maybe I will buy one but I doubt my friend wants to buy one just for the race, anyhow I understand now what kind is needed. I will keep trying to borrow some but as long as we are assured of getting some to use at the track we will be there! We have sunglasses, knee and elbow pads, no racing suit or anything but jeans, a jacket, and hiking style boots. I have a fire extinguisher in the RV. Will there be a water hose available to fill the RV fresh water tank? What time does the practice end on Friday, at dusk?

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Oh, that's sweet! I would need an adult large or X-large, my friend would need a medium I think. As long as we get to ride, I really don't care if it's a little tight, maybe I will buy one but I doubt my friend wants to buy one just for the race, anyhow I understand now what kind is needed. I will keep trying to borrow some but as long as we are assured of getting some to use at the track we will be there! We have sunglasses, knee and elbow pads, no racing suit or anything but jeans, a jacket, and hiking style boots. I have a fire extinguisher in the RV. Will there be a water hose available to fill the RV fresh water tank? What time does the practice end on Friday, at dusk?
Practice ends on Friday when it's too dark to see!

Water is tankered into Grange and gravity fed so best to fill up beforehand.
There is no electricity except by generator on race day.
The bathrooms are very nice, clean, tiled like a restaurant but there are no lights on Friday night.

A few people will be having fires in metal enclosures on Fri night.

You can camp in a pit road space or away from everyone.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Practice ends on Friday when it's too dark to see!

Water is tankered into Grange and gravity fed so best to fill up beforehand.
There is no electricity except by generator on race day.
The bathrooms are very nice, clean, tiled like a restaurant but there are no lights on Friday night.

A few people will be having fires in metal enclosures on Fri night.

You can camp in a pit road space or away from everyone.

Okay, I will be there but my friend can't make it. I have a helmet now. I will try to be there as close to noon as possible on Friday for practice. See you at the track.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The 17th Socal Motor Bicycle Race is scheduled for
Sat April 2nd at Grange Motor Circuit.
Friday April 1st will be the usual practice and fun track riding day.]
Only 19 days until we be racing! :D

Racer # 888 WildBill has his 50cc full suspension shifter bike ready to race!!!
Bill races in the popular Midrange class.

Last edited: