NFL Football 2015

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The only thing I can think of is, "what a waste of jet fuel". The Colorodo Air National Guard had two F-16s do a pre-kick-off fly over today. I'm a dinosaur from the F4 Phantom days but my guess is they wasted about 20 to 30 thousand dollars worth of flight time. The two fighters flew over my house twice before kickoff time then did a flyover of Mile High field. And for what? Those two fighter jocks are probably hiding tonight. I would be.

I'm ashamed to say I live in Denver.

Tom

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The only thing I can think of is, "what a waste of jet fuel". The Colorodo Air National Guard had two F-16s do a pre-kick-off fly over today. I'm a dinosaur from the F4 Phantom days but my guess is they wasted about 20 to 30 thousand dollars worth of flight time. The two fighters flew over my house twice before kickoff time then did a flyover of Mile High field. And for what? Those two fighter jocks are probably hiding tonight. I would be.

I'm ashamed to say I live in Denver.

Tom
Yeah, they fly those things around at all the NASCAR events like someone else is paying for the fuel.

Oh yeah, we are.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Expensive, but pilots must fly a certain amount of hours each month to stay on flight status. I was fortunate to be in the Marines when we were still flying the F-4 Phantoms. Being buzzed by a Phantom performing close air support is an experience like none other. I'm still waiting for my ears to stop ringing.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yea-Ha!
What a great game!

Cardinal's are 7-2 with last nights 39 point drubbing of the Seahawks in Seattle in Prime Time for a commanding 3 game lead in the NFC West.

Did you know Sunday Night Football is the most watched show in America?

I didn't, we are usually watching a movie on Sunday night, but I'll be watching it again this Sunday night, The Card's host the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals.

The Bengals play tonight on Monday Night Football so they may not still be undefeated when they get here, but regardless, they won't be going home undefeated ;-}

GO CARDINAL'S

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Marine F-4's??? Never thought I'd see that mentioned on this forum. I was an F-4 plane captain until one year I failed my hearing test, and my ears are still ringing. I do know that at that time we were allotted a certain amount of fuel and as an Air Group we made sure we used up the allotment so as not to be reduced. Of course that was 45 years ago, and I'm sure they are more efficient about that stuff today. Ha!

Dan

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Marine F-4's??? Never thought I'd see that mentioned on this forum.
Not see F-15's or F-35's mentioned here either Dan.
Luke Air Force Base is ~35 miles west of me.
~15 miles from Cardinal's stadium.

Luke is THE F class fighter jet training base on the planet.
You don't fly one until you start here so they are always in the air, on average a take-off or landing every 6 minutes.

Anytime we have a major event here you will some overhead if you look hard enough as they usually fly high, but they do scheduled close 'fly buys' too.

You can bet there will be one Sunday night, I guess those kinds of flight runs are for the current 'top guns' and an honor.

It is comforting knowing that the most advanced flying killing machine is keeping an eye in the skies over me.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Patriots are looking wicked pissah GO PATS!
Yep, they are good, 9-0.
I watched the 3-5 Texans @ 8-0 Bengals last night.
The Texans won 10-6 to move to 4-5.

The Bengals offense was pretty pathetic, which makes me wonder how they got to 8-0 to start with.
8-1 now, and after this Sunday night might end up tied with the Card's at 8-2.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Another Classic Cardiac Cardinal's game last night in Glendale.
Back to back Sunday Night Prime Time wins ;-}

And another win in the 30 points scored range, our norm.
3 games under 30 points, 3 games over 40 points.

Man those Bengals are good, just not quite good enough.

It's all NFC games now, including all 3 NFC West teams we have at least a 3 game lead over.

I watched that Packers - Vikings game too, we play them in December.
Thankfully both games are here in the desert.

Just a Cardinals stadium note...
It's been 10 years since it opened.
Last night was the 100th consecutive sell-out crowd so it was televised locally.

I remember the early days of them playing at ASU and it seldom sold out so we could only watch away games or go to that uncomfortable college field with metal bleachers in the sun.

A good stadium brings in more revenue and the more money they make the better the players they can hire which is what turned this team around.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Broncos can't prepare for their usual drubbing by the Pats now. You need everybody to play them.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Broncos can't prepare for their usual drubbing by the Pats now. You need everybody to play them.
Well how about that, Bronco's beat the Patriots!
That leaves the Panthers as the only undefeated team.

Here is a look with 5 games left via http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...xans-redskins-seahawks-take-aim-at-postseason :

---

NFC
1. Carolina Panthers (11-0): A whole lot of defense and just a dab of offense helped the Panthers roll over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Carolina is cruising with a favorable schedule the rest of the way and an eye on joining the Patriots with a perfect 16-0 regular season.
2. Arizona Cardinals (9-2): The Cardinals got a bit of a scare from the suddenly frisky 49ers, but Bruce Arians’ bunch continues to find ways to win games. The Cardinals still look like one of the league’s most complete teams and the type of team nobody will want to play come January.
3. Minnesota Vikings (8-3): Consider last Sunday's loss to fellow NFC North contender Green Bay an aberration. The Vikings bounced back on the strength of their best player, running back Adrian Peterson, and again sit in the driver’s seat in the NFC North.
4. Washington Redskins (5-6): In the division that nobody seems to want to win, Washington's 20-14 victory over the Giants put the Redskins in the lead in the NFC East. There’s no doubt that quarterback Kirk Cousins & Co. like that.
5. Green Bay Packers (7-4): Even with Brett Favre in the building, the Packers couldn’t beat the Bears at Lambeau Field. Chicago’s 17-13 victory on Thanksgiving was only the Bears’ third at Lambeau since 2006 and gave the Packers their fourth loss in the past five weeks.
6. Seattle Seahawks (6-5): Don’t look now, but here come the two-time defending NFC champions. Seattle leaned on its offense -- yes, its offense -- to come up with a stirring, 39-30 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday and vaulted into the final spot in the NFC by virtue of having a better record against NFC opponents than Atlanta.

We play the Packers, Vikings, and Seahawks still.

2 more wins in their last 5 all NFC games and the Cardinal's can coast into the playoffs with the NFC West crown, and a first round bye and home field advantage with a couple more.

We will need to get by the Panthers to get to the Super Bowl.
I think it will come down to which team is the healthiest.

AFC
1. New England Patriots (10-1): The Patriots dropped their first loss of the season to AFC rival Denver on Sunday night but that loss paled in comparison to the one involving tight end Rob Gronkowski. Gronkowki left on a cart with a right knee injury in the fourth quarter. New England has an uncanny ability to overcome adversity but overcoming the loss of Gronkowski, not to mention the defeat to Denver, will be its biggest test yet in 2015.
2. Cincinnati Bengals (9-2): The Bengals ended their two-game losing streak with the perfect tonic: a St. Louis Rams team that is in a downward spiral. A 31-7 blowout win should help Cincinnati get back on track.
3. Denver Broncos (9-2): Whether or not Brock Osweiler is the Broncos' long-term solution at quarterback is of little importance right now. Osweiler proved that no moment is too big for him in leading a late 83-yard scoring drive to set the stage for a huge win against New England in overtime on Sunday night.
4. Indianapolis Colts (6-5): As coach Chuck Pagano continues to make a case to hang on to his job, the Colts continue to keep their grip on the AFC South Division lead with a 25-12 win against previously surging Tampa Bay. That’s three consecutive wins for a team without Andrew Luck and four in a row as the starter for ageless wonder Matt Hasselbeck.
5. Kansas City Chiefs (6-5): The Chiefs continued to roll, posting their fifth straight win Sunday at home against fellow AFC wild-card contender Buffalo. Equipped with a cotton-soft schedule the rest of the way, Kansas City is in prime position to lock up a postseason bid down the stretch as it holds tiebreakers over most of their closest competitors.
6. Houston Texans (6-5): Aside from the Chiefs and the undefeated Panthers and Patriots, the Texans might be the league’s hottest team with four consecutive wins, including Sunday’s 24-6 thumping of New Orleans. The Texans hold tiebreakers over the Jets and Steelers to stake their claim to this spot at the moment.
---

Card's will be playing in January when the whole season starts over.
Win or go home.
I like the Card's chances and win or loose they have provided me a great deal of joy ;-}

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Needless to say I have a happy wife tonight. I went to bed but she stayed up to watch her beloved Broncos bring it home in overtime, in the snow and really cold weather.

My wish is that they'll do what she so wants them to do. If they don't, she'll survive but what a nice thing if they could pull off the big win for her this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

That said I'll make a prediction that Manning won't be back, will in fact retire with his record and that youngster, Osweiler will finish out the season in his place. What do ya think, KC?

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That said I'll make a prediction that Manning won't be back, will in fact retire with his record and that youngster, Osweiler will finish out the season in his place.
What do ya think, KC?
Young Ozzy looked really good.
I can see him playing the last 5 games but come playoff time I can't see Manning sitting out.

I'd like to see a Cardinal's Broncos Super Bowl.
Like your wife Tom, my wife has always liked the Broncos, not more than the Card's mind you, but at least it's not the Pats.

We would sure be talking football then wouldn't we ;-}

Damn you Browns!
Hehehe.. Sorry man, I know the feeling, 2-9 and nothing to hope for but a good draft pick next year.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Man some good football last Sunday.

The Card's are 10-2 along with the Patriot's.
Still #1 in football offense for most yards and points per game.

The Vikings have to play us here tonight.
They are fighting for the NFC North division lead against the Packers (which we play here in 2 weeks) and Card's clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight even with 3 games remaining.

Go Cardinal's!