4 stroke Panther build

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Whats a Schwinn without a couple of sharp fenders (Just another Schwinn LOL!) the light won't take much modification, you might even get a chunk of aluminum and grind the bottom to fit the fender then mount the light on top of that, just a thought

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Have your tried this type of light before? Its actually a clearance light for a big rig. Ill try the dremel on it first, the chunk of aluminum sounds nice but a lot of work with a dremel.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Find yer angle/curve from front to back on the light then find yer angles from side to side, mark everything out with a sharpie on the aluminum with either paper or cardboard template taken from the fender angles/curves, if you have a doner fender cut a piece off and get the angles from that.

Last edited:

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Thanks for the tips.

My Speedo came in today, thats the good news. Bad news is I don't think it will work with my front drum brake hub. Sooo maybe I can mod it, not sure though.

The speedo is made in the USA and is quite heavy and sturdy. It is a clipper model made by Stewart Warner(made whizzer speedos I think).

Attachments

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
well I'm back. My poor bike has been unused for a few years now. It has quite the rusty look now. I just bought some copper tubing to replace the fuel lines since the old ones got bent and started leaking. I am going to hunt down a muffler clamp to fit the bearing carrier and seat tube. I hope she will still run lol.

TheOtherChris

Apr 1, 2012
SE Idaho
well I'm back. My poor bike has been unused for a few years now. It has quite the rusty look now. I just bought some copper tubing to replace the fuel lines since the old ones got bent and started leaking. I am going to hunt down a muffler clamp to fit the bearing carrier and seat tube. I hope she will still run lol.
Pics! We need current pics.

Master Link

Apr 7, 2016
Merced, CA
Thanks for the pictures, like the patina, hope she fires up. I also like the muffler clamp bearing carrier support. My build will be very similar to yours, thanks for the build thread.