I saw you...

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I saw a Robin powered Schwinn today at about 10:30. We were westbound on Pima at Columbus Blvd. I asked about the c.c of the bike then promoted this site while we were rolling. I was driving my white work truck.

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Alright, I know this thread is getting old, but I'm gonna post anyway. This afternoon at 3:15 I was astraddle the Whizzer, westbound, at Campbell and Broadway. While waiting for the westbound light to change to green I spotted a tan 26 inch cruiser with a black tank and a two stroke. The dude was waiting in the Campbell southbound turn lane to go east on Broadway. :bike2:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I spotted somebody cruising south on Kolb about 7:30 last night. They turned east onto 22nd. It was dark so I didn't get a good look at them or the bike.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This morning around 11 am I saw a gentleman cruising west on River toward Campbell. He was on a blue cargo trike. I could see no sign of an engine so I'm thinking it was an electric but I could be wrong.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I went to look at Bikes Electric today. They carry 8 IZIP models. They appear to be nice electrics. Later I was on Fourth Avenue and a guy on a 36 volt hub motored bike rode up to ask about the Whizzer. We ended up talking more about electrics. While we were talking, one of the customers from the electric bike shop came riding by, apparently test riding the A2B. Boxy framed thing with big, fat tires.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I went to look at Bikes Electric today. They carry 8 IZIP models. They appear to be nice electrics. Later I was on Fourth Avenue and a guy on a 36 volt hub motored bike rode up to ask about the Whizzer. We ended up talking more about electrics. While we were talking, one of the customers from the electric bike shop came riding by, apparently test riding the A2B. Boxy framed thing with big, fat tires.
There was a article in the newspaper about it the other day. They said when they opened there doors that they sold out fast and did not order enough stock.

I'd like to stop by and check them out soon.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yeah Fair,they're doing a goodly amount of business. Today I saw an MBer that I've seen before. A black dude named Sean that rides a blue Wal-Mart Schwinn with a two stroke. He was waiting for the bus at Ft. Lowell and First; gonna throw his bike on the rack and bus it across town. I talked to him for a few minutes and gave him this site's address, though he says he has no internet access he'll get on at the public library. He's into getting together a group ride but a cute girl smoking a joint commanded his attention, so no real plans were made.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Alright Edge, Did the kids get it going? Did your chain stay on? I saw a guy on a tan two stroke cruiser cross Grant at Oracle heading south about 10:30. I don't think it was the same as the other tan MB I saw a few days ago.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
Alright Edge, Did the kids get it going? Did your chain stay on? I saw a guy on a tan two stroke cruiser cross Grant at Oracle heading south about 10:30. I don't think it was the same as the other tan MB I saw a few days ago.
no, we couldn't get it going so i walked home :(

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Saw a dude waiting for the eastbound bus at 10:20 on Broadway between Columbus and Alvernon. He had a road bike with a two stroke/black tank. Loaded it on the bus. I was surprised when I heard a while back that the bus authorities allow gas bikes on the carrier.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Today, during my ride, I stopped at Bargain Basement Bikes. They let me air up my tires. When you are in Tucson, stop by and get some air.

0928081056.jpg

View ride pics HERE

(^)

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Nogalas, AZ...Early this morning while dropping a load off saw a MB on Grande Ave. near the Mariposa Rd.

I know many of you may find this hard to believe, I had to take a double look myself!! The guy was pulling a trailer with a goat in it rotfl

I could not believe what I was seeing, I actually missed my turn because I was focused on the guy. I sure wish I had a camera on me, it was sooo funny rotfl

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
this morning i got into a bit of a race against a guy on a DIY weed whacker bike and i won :) he had a 31 CC Ryobi on the back of a Schwinn point beach from walmart, he said he builds them for fun and has gotten them up to around 50-60 with a 49 (is that possible?)

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This evening around 6 I saw a guy cruising west on Broadway near Cherry on a black bike with a black China engine. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and red suspenders. That anybody here?

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I take that route on the black Whizzer, and I've been known to wear red, white and blue suspenders...

BTW Fairracing I wish I could have seen that goat-cycle, that had to have been insanely funny. rotfl I carry my camera when practical and always my cell phone, so I'm going to start asking riders permission to photograph and post pics of their rides here.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I finally saw a Whizzer, being ridden in Tucson. I followed the dude a couple blocks until he realized he was being stalked. After introducing myself, we talked about Whizzers and I gave him this site's name etc.
He said he actually had three Whizzers.:D

1004081321.jpg He let me photograph his bike to post here.

Last edited: