How to get more room for exhaust?

GoldenMotor.com

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
I got my exhaust a few days ago (the expansion chamber i had in my other posts) and it just doesnt fit! :(
The header part of it comes into contact with my lower center part of my bike frame and the exhaust port on the right side has about a quarter of an inch on the bolt. Ive heard of toching the pipe and bending it? What options do i have? Ive seen the Jm-X port or whatever it is but i dont want to spend 20 bucks just for a piece of metal..:-||

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Put a photo up,
You may need to use an old header pipe, welded to the new pipe?
If you have what I think you have it may be better with a longer header.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
How about telling us exactly which exhaust you have and save us the trouble of searching your old posts? I assume it's a VooDoo based on your meager description. If so: torch and bend; it's the easiest option.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
With the banana pipe copmagnet you will need to either add a header or cut and re-weld the exhaust flange to allow the clearance you need.

A photo would really help to see what you are dealing with.

Mean.motor

Mar 14, 2014
Brampton, ON
Would you be able to post a picture and a method to this madness, I got my pipe yesterday and wasnt able to get it on.. its the banana pipe like yours without the extra header (sbp). I got mad and stuck it in a vice and started bending it but it was cold and i didnt have a torch so i decided to stop...
Ill post pictures later on.

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
Would you be able to post a picture and a method to this madness, I got my pipe yesterday and wasnt able to get it on.. its the banana pipe like yours without the extra header (sbp). I got mad and stuck it in a vice and started bending it but it was cold and i didnt have a torch so i decided to stop...
Ill post pictures later on.
Its not too hard to do as long as you have a torch and a ball hammer. You need to find the spot or point where your muffler hits your frame (i assume its hitting your frame of your bike) mark the spot with a circle in pencil prefereable. Heat your circle you've made THOROUGHLY and lightly tap the are with your ball hammer and keep on doing this until theres room to intall the exhaust... thats how i did it.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
One way to gain clearance with the STOCK exhaust is to open up the mounting holes a bit. This allows you to turn the pipe slightly and saves the hassle of bending.
This may help your issue.
Just drill the bolt holes one or two sizes larger. Don't go crazy or it may leak.