does anyone make a sprocket with NO holes ?

GoldenMotor.com

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
I've got a 48 spoke wheel on my genesis astra and genesis onyx. I also have a 68 spoke wheel on my micargi puma. the sprocket in the gasbike.net kit has a center hole which fits perfectly with the hub on the astra but has the standard 9 holes for the rag joint.

I've drawn up the wheels in CAD in order to drill new holes for the 48 spoke wheel, but the 9 holes are kinda in the way.

does anyone make a 44 tooth sprocket with a center hole and NO OTHER holes ???

oh, also, the holes in the metal split rings DO NOT MATCH THE 9 HOLES IN THE SPROCKET !!
I tried bolting it all up off of the bike and all of the bolts flare out because the bolt circle of the split rings is LARGER than the bolt circle of the 9 holes in the sprocket !! I think it's just wrong, but I'm not sure.

cheers

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I was gonna say the same thing. you might be able to get a solid bike front sprocket for a one piece crank. it'll just have one hole for the crank pin, but you'll have to enlarge the center hole for your hub.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I made one of my sprockets from a 36T kids bike chain ring, been working great for a long time now, it had small hole in center that actually had to enlarge because I used it with the stock compression coupler/rag joint.

Map
reddd