muffler came off.

GoldenMotor.com

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
I cant dind the hardware. About to run the motor for about two miles to get some hardware for it. What size is the hardware.
Also is there anything I can do to thw muffler right now that ita outside.
CHINESE ENGINE.drn2

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I cant dind the hardware. About to run the motor for about two miles to get some hardware for it. What size is the hardware.
Also is there anything I can do to thw muffler right now that ita outside.
CHINESE ENGINE.
Studs are 6mm 1.0 just like most of the bolts on the engine mounts, intake
and case bolts.

Get some allen head bolts from Ace hardware.

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
Just bought the bolts.
My bike ran so smooth withouth the muffler though. It didnt turnoff on uphills like it always does.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
From what I've read on these forums:

Minimal back pressure = Higher torque, lower top speed/power output = better hill climb.

It's not good for your engine though, apparently.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
If your pipe is really damaged, you might as well get the expansion pipe from Sickbikeparts.com. Apparently it's the best and easiest mod you can do to any HT chinese engine.

Click thanks if that helped! :)

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
If your pipe is really damaged, you might as well get the expansion pipe from Sickbikeparts.com. Apparently it's the best and easiest mod you can do to any HT chinese engine.

Click thanks if that helped! :)
Im trying not get any louder. I live in cali.
But thanks I might get one later down the road

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Im trying not get any louder. I live in cali.
But thanks I might get one later down the road
Expansion pipe would be a lot quieter than no muffler at all, and slightly louder than the stock pipe. You can always get a replacement pipe off ebay for a few bucks. Just thought you might want to upgrade :p

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
Expansion pipe would be a lot quieter than no muffler at all, and slightly louder than the stock pipe. You can always get a replacement pipe off ebay for a few bucks. Just thought you might want to upgrade :p
I have the pipe and have the hardware, but I think my gasket might have fallen off.

85mario85

Mar 13, 2013
cali
Thinking about getting an sbp chamber but do I need to weld something? How hard is it toninstall?

supercub

Nov 1, 2012
New London, CT
Getsome 1/16" thick high tem gasket material from an autoparts store and make a gasket. The mufflers with rounded cigar shape where the pipe meets the muffler look like they are stronger than the cylindrical type. Try to fasten the end of the muffler to the frame with a strap clamp.